windows 8 failed to install

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

carl43m

windows 8 failed to install
I have windows update set to automatically install all important and
recommended updates. This seems to happens every couple of days. However I
noticed in looking at updfate history that windows 8 shows as a "failed"
install. There have been 6 other types of updates done successfully after
that failed one. For the past several days I get occasional messages that
there are updates available to install. I shouldn't be getting this notice
as they are set to be done automatically. When I go loof to asee what thery
are , Windows 8 shows as available. I was wondering why windows update
doesn't try to install it again on its own. Once an item fails to install
does windows update stop trying? Do I have to do it manually?
carl43m

RE: windows 8 failed to install
clarification--it is windows internet explorer 8 for vista

"carl43m" wrote:

> I have windows update set to automatically install all important and
> recommended updates. This seems to happens every couple of days. However I
> noticed in looking at updfate history that windows 8 shows as a "failed"
> install. There have been 6 other types of updates done successfully after
> that failed one. For the past several days I get occasional messages that
> there are updates available to install. I shouldn't be getting this notice
> as they are set to be done automatically. When I go loof to asee what thery
> are , Windows 8 shows as available. I was wondering why windows update
> doesn't try to install it again on its own. Once an item fails to install
> does windows update stop trying? Do I have to do it manually?

Gordon's Psychologist

carl43m wrote:
> clarification--it is windows internet explorer 8 for vista
>
> "carl43m" wrote:
>
>> I have windows update set to automatically install all important and
>> recommended updates. This seems to happens every couple of days. However I
>> noticed in looking at updfate history that windows 8 shows as a "failed"
>> install. There have been 6 other types of updates done successfully after
>> that failed one. For the past several days I get occasional messages that
>> there are updates available to install. I shouldn't be getting this notice
>> as they are set to be done automatically. When I go loof to asee what thery
>> are , Windows 8 shows as available. I was wondering why windows update
>> doesn't try to install it again on its own. Once an item fails to install
>> does windows update stop trying? Do I have to do it manually?

do it manually