Java icon in system tray

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Wolverine in Michigan

Java icon in system tray
Vista Home Premium w/all updates.

I keep getting these little coffee cup icons popping up in my
system tray, sometimes 2 or 3 at a time.

I looked at my programs and I see the symbol for
"Jave SE Runtime Enviornment 6 update 1" which was installed back in
November 2007, but I've never seem them in the system tray until this month.

As soon as I move my cursor over them they disappear. Why do these
keep popping up and how do I stop them from popping up?

Thanks for the help.
David H. Lipman

Re: Java icon in system tray
From: "Wolverine in Michigan" <wolverineinmich@gmail.com>

| Vista Home Premium w/all updates.

| I keep getting these little coffee cup icons popping up in my
| system tray, sometimes 2 or 3 at a time.

| I looked at my programs and I see the symbol for
| "Jave SE Runtime Enviornment 6 update 1" which was installed back in
| November 2007, but I've never seem them in the system tray until this month.

| As soon as I move my cursor over them they disappear. Why do these
| keep popping up and how do I stop them from popping up?

| Thanks for the help.

It most likely means that IExplore.exe is accessing a a web site enabling Sun Java.

BTW: You need to remove v6 update 1 and replace it with at least v6 update 14 (albeit v6
update 15 is about to be formally released).

http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp

--
Dave

Wolverine in Michigan

Re: Java icon in system tray

Thank you for the help David, much appreciated.

David H. Lipman wrote:
> From: "Wolverine in Michigan" <wolverineinmich@gmail.com>
>
> | Vista Home Premium w/all updates.
>
> | I keep getting these little coffee cup icons popping up in my
> | system tray, sometimes 2 or 3 at a time.
>
> | I looked at my programs and I see the symbol for
> | "Jave SE Runtime Enviornment 6 update 1" which was installed back in
> | November 2007, but I've never seem them in the system tray until this month.
>
> | As soon as I move my cursor over them they disappear. Why do these
> | keep popping up and how do I stop them from popping up?
>
> | Thanks for the help.
>
> It most likely means that IExplore.exe is accessing a a web site enabling Sun Java.
>
> BTW: You need to remove v6 update 1 and replace it with at least v6 update 14 (albeit v6
> update 15 is about to be formally released).
>
> http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp

darkrats

Re: Java icon in system tray
Start/Settings/Control Panel/Java/Advanced/Misc.

Uncheck the last item.