Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

accessories

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-25-2009
popcorn
 

Posts: n/a
accessories
I have just recently got Vista, and am still lost. Where do I find the list
of Accessories like was in XP? I cannot find them anywhere. Thanks for any
help.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-25-2009
Larry
 

Posts: n/a
Re: accessories
On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 18:15:28 -0500, "popcorn" <popcorn@nospam.net>
wrote:

>I have just recently got Vista, and am still lost. Where do I find the list
>of Accessories like was in XP? I cannot find them anywhere. Thanks for any
>help.


Its the first folder on the Start Menu, Pop.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-25-2009
Gene E. Bloch
 

Posts: n/a
Re: accessories
On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 19:27:33 -0400, Larry wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 18:15:28 -0500, "popcorn" <popcorn@nospam.net>
> wrote:
>
>>I have just recently got Vista, and am still lost. Where do I find the list
>>of Accessories like was in XP? I cannot find them anywhere. Thanks for any
>>help.

>
> Its the first folder on the Start Menu, Pop.


Actually it's the third folder on my Start Menu :-)

I added 7-Zip 40Tude Dialog and to my computer...

Interestingly[1], if I type Accessories in the search line, I don't see the
folder. I don't always understand Vista...

[1] OK, interesting to me, but maybe not to you :-)

--
Gene E. Bloch letters0x40blochg0x2Ecom
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-25-2009
Gene E. Bloch
 

Posts: n/a
Re: accessories
On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 16:45:53 -0700, Gene E. Bloch wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 19:27:33 -0400, Larry wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 18:15:28 -0500, "popcorn" <popcorn@nospam.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>I have just recently got Vista, and am still lost. Where do I find the list
>>>of Accessories like was in XP? I cannot find them anywhere. Thanks for any
>>>help.

>>
>> Its the first folder on the Start Menu, Pop.

>
> Actually it's the third folder on my Start Menu :-)
>
> I added 7-Zip 40Tude Dialog and to my computer...
>
> Interestingly[1], if I type Accessories in the search line, I don't see the
> folder. I don't always understand Vista...
>
> [1] OK, interesting to me, but maybe not to you :-)


This is what I meant to type above:
I added 7-Zip and 40Tude Dialog to my computer...

--
Gene E. Bloch letters0x40blochg0x2Ecom
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-25-2009
Bruce Chambers
 

Posts: n/a
Re: accessories
popcorn wrote:
> I have just recently got Vista, and am still lost. Where do I find the
> list of Accessories like was in XP? I cannot find them anywhere.
> Thanks for any help.



In exactly the same place: Start > All Programs > Accessories.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/555375

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ~Benjamin Franklin

Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do. ~Bertrand Russell

The philosopher has never killed any priests, whereas the priest has
killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-25-2009
popcorn
 

Posts: n/a
Re: accessories
Ok, I found it now. I don't know why it was so confusing to me. I get
overwhelmed by change I guess.
Age does a lot to you.


"Bruce Chambers" <bchambers@cable0ne.n3t> wrote in message
news:OOsT58MDKHA.1540@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> popcorn wrote:
>> I have just recently got Vista, and am still lost. Where do I find the
>> list of Accessories like was in XP? I cannot find them anywhere. Thanks
>> for any help.

>
>
> In exactly the same place: Start > All Programs > Accessories.
>
> --
>
> Bruce Chambers
>
> Help us help you:
> http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/555375
>
> They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
> safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ~Benjamin Franklin
>
> Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do. ~Bertrand
> Russell
>
> The philosopher has never killed any priests, whereas the priest has
> killed a great many philosophers.
> ~ Denis Diderot


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-25-2009
Gene E. Bloch
 

Posts: n/a
Re: accessories
On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 10:12:30 -0500, popcorn wrote:

> Ok, I found it now. I don't know why it was so confusing to me. I get
> overwhelmed by change I guess.
> Age does a lot to you.


Hang in there - the alternative is a lot less interesting.

> "Bruce Chambers" <bchambers@cable0ne.n3t> wrote in message
> news:OOsT58MDKHA.1540@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> popcorn wrote:


<SNIP>

--
Gene E. Bloch letters0x40blochg0x2Ecom
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Five Best iPhone 3G Accessories We've Seen (So Far) Steve General Technology News 0 07-17-2008 20:50
accessories folder? stu gotzo microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 4 12-18-2007 07:36
Vista Accessories David microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 7 11-24-2007 17:27




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:46.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120