How to disable permanently the driver signature enforcement feature in Vista Ultimate x64

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

jareknyc

Re: How to disable permanently the driver signature enforcement feature in Vista Ultimate x64

Hey guys i tried to install that program vista boost it works but i can
not disable driver signing, for some reason when i click f8 and disable
drivers all drivers are working on my vista hp laptop when i start
normally non of the drivers are working, i tried vista boost i click
disbale and restarted but still no help the windows is disbaling all the
drivers for some reason,

why i am doing that?

on hp laptop i had 64bit home edition, i wanna to install the vista
ultimate 64 used driver genius to compy drivers from original hp windows
to my ultimate edition

please help guys Thank you

--
jareknyc
jareknyc's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/jareknyc.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Tom Ferguson

Re: How to disable permanently the driver signature enforcement feature in Vista Ultimate x64
Before we get to disabling driver-signing checking -a very bad idea, by the
way- may we know more about the situation?

By what you wrote, It is my understanding that you have an HP laptop that
ran Vista home edition, 64 bit. You 'upgraded' that to Vista Ultimate, 64
bit version some way or other and used a utility called "Driver Genius" to
copy drivers from the 64 bit Home Edition system to the 64 bit Ultimate
system.

Now, did these drivers work with the Home system either with driver-signing
checking on? 0r off?

Exactly how did you install the Ultimate system? Is it now dual booting with
the 32 bit system? running in a virtual machine? ...?

I do not understand your reference to Vista boost. This is a system intended
for use with certain USB 'thumb drives to speed system operation. It can be
useful for systems which have 1 GB or less system memory.

This newsgroup is on the Microsoft server as
NEWS://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof....vista.general

Thanks
--

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007

"jareknyc" <jareknyc.3o0xfb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Hey guys i tried to install that program vista boost it works but i can
> not disable driver signing, for some reason when i click f8 and disable
> drivers all drivers are working on my vista hp laptop when i start
> normally non of the drivers are working, i tried vista boost i click
> disbale and restarted but still no help the windows is disbaling all the
> drivers for some reason,
>
> why i am doing that?
>
> on hp laptop i had 64bit home edition, i wanna to install the vista
> ultimate 64 used driver genius to compy drivers from original hp windows
> to my ultimate edition
>
> please help guys Thank you
>

> --
> jareknyc
> jareknyc's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/jareknyc.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/666067.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

jareknyc

Re: How to disable permanently the driver signature enforcement feature in Vista Ultimate x64

ye i did full back up of drivers from home edition, and then install
fresh ultimate and then tried to restore drivers from the driver
genious,

all the drivers were working now i have a problem with some like
wireless card

when i put f8 and then disable the signature then it went good but when
i put normally on drivers have problems

--
jareknyc
jareknyc's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/jareknyc.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/666067.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Tom Ferguson

Re: How to disable permanently the driver signature enforcement feature in Vista Ultimate x64
OK. I think I have it now. Thanks.

If you could provide a list of those items which are not working,
manufacturer and model numbers, perhaps we could hunt down the appropriate
drivers for installation. I don't know how the utility you are using goes
about its business but it is probable that those divers will not install
properly that way.
--

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007

"jareknyc" <jareknyc.3o15rc@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> ye i did full back up of drivers from home edition, and then install
> fresh ultimate and then tried to restore drivers from the driver
> genious,
>
> all the drivers were working now i have a problem with some like
> wireless card
>
> when i put f8 and then disable the signature then it went good but when
> i put normally on drivers have problems
>

> --
> jareknyc
> jareknyc's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/jareknyc.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/666067.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

jareknyc

Re: How to disable permanently the driver signature enforcement feature in Vista Ultimate x64

The main problem is with atheros AR50007 802.11B/G wifi is the main
problem

i found for everything except this one

--
jareknyc
jareknyc's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/jareknyc.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/666067.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Chuck

Re: How to disable permanently the driver signature enforcement feature in Vista Ultimate x64
Usually, you can go to the HP website section for your laptop, and download
the needed drivers.
Had you listed the exact HP model & possibly a P/N, you might have gotten a
reply with the appropriate download web page URL.

"jareknyc" <jareknyc.3o0xfb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Hey guys i tried to install that program vista boost it works but i can
> not disable driver signing, for some reason when i click f8 and disable
> drivers all drivers are working on my vista hp laptop when i start
> normally non of the drivers are working, i tried vista boost i click
> disbale and restarted but still no help the windows is disbaling all the
> drivers for some reason,
>
> why i am doing that?
>
> on hp laptop i had 64bit home edition, i wanna to install the vista
> ultimate 64 used driver genius to compy drivers from original hp windows
> to my ultimate edition
>
> please help guys Thank you
>

> --
> jareknyc
> jareknyc's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/jareknyc.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/666067.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

MarkLemay

Re: How to disable permanently the driver signature enforcement feature in Vista Ultimate x64

For everyone that is having a problem disabling "driver signature
enforcement" I think I have a simple answer that has proven to work for
me thus far. Re-download "driver signature enforcement" and instead of
clicking "enable test mode" like you did the first time, click "disable
test mode" and re-boot. This has worked for me (and I have Windows
Vista 64-bit) and it's a simple solution. For all those who try this
and succeed, I would appreciate a reply hearing your success. Thanks

--
MarkLemay
MarkLemay's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/125695.htm