Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Open full sized window ?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-24-2007
Jerry Hughes
 

Posts: n/a
Open full sized window ?
Hello,
This has got to be simple but I can't find it. Does anyone know how I
would change my preferences so that when I click on a link, etc. a new page
would open, full size? All of my pages open smaller in size and the first
thing I have to do is expand the window. Thank you very much.

Jerry
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-24-2007
dev
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Open full sized window ?
/Jerry Hughes/ said:

> This has got to be simple but I can't find it. Does anyone know how I
> would change my preferences so that when I click on a link, etc. a new page
> would open, full size? All of my pages open smaller in size and the first
> thing I have to do is expand the window.


Drag page borders to the desired size, then close the page with the X
while holding down the <shift> key. If that does nothing try holding
down <ctrl> instead when closing. See if the next page then appears at
the size you set.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-24-2007
Neil Harley
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Open full sized window ?
Jerry Hughes wrote:
> Hello,
> This has got to be simple but I can't find it. Does anyone know
> how I would change my preferences so that when I click on a link,
> etc. a new page would open, full size? All of my pages open smaller
> in size and the first thing I have to do is expand the window. Thank
> you very much.
>
> Jerry


Open a single instance of IE and maximise it. Then close it. IE should
remember the last window size and stick to it.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2007
Jerry Hughes
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Open full sized window ?
Hi,

Thank you both for the help. It seems to work, so far (except for this
page) when I close out the full sized window while holding the Shift key
down. Hope it holds. If not, I'll try the other option. Thank you again.

Jerry

"dev" wrote:

> /Jerry Hughes/ said:
>
> > This has got to be simple but I can't find it. Does anyone know how I
> > would change my preferences so that when I click on a link, etc. a new page
> > would open, full size? All of my pages open smaller in size and the first
> > thing I have to do is expand the window.

>
> Drag page borders to the desired size, then close the page with the X
> while holding down the <shift> key. If that does nothing try holding
> down <ctrl> instead when closing. See if the next page then appears at
> the size you set.
>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2007
Jerry Hughes
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Open full sized window ?
Whoops, I spoke too soon. Neither holding down on the shift or control key
seems to work! Dang. You know, in XP I thing you could set that preference
in Options but I don't see it here. Anyone else have a suggestion?? Thank
you for trying.

Jerry

"Jerry Hughes" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thank you both for the help. It seems to work, so far (except for this
> page) when I close out the full sized window while holding the Shift key
> down. Hope it holds. If not, I'll try the other option. Thank you again.
>
> Jerry
>
> "dev" wrote:
>
> > /Jerry Hughes/ said:
> >
> > > This has got to be simple but I can't find it. Does anyone know how I
> > > would change my preferences so that when I click on a link, etc. a new page
> > > would open, full size? All of my pages open smaller in size and the first
> > > thing I have to do is expand the window.

> >
> > Drag page borders to the desired size, then close the page with the X
> > while holding down the <shift> key. If that does nothing try holding
> > down <ctrl> instead when closing. See if the next page then appears at
> > the size you set.
> >

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2007
Cal Bear '66
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Open full sized window ?
On my system, just File>Close saves the current size.


"Jerry Hughes" <JerryHughes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:A9A41272-5285-4B7F-88B7-6CBB7E252AA6@microsoft.com...
> Whoops, I spoke too soon. Neither holding down on the shift or control key
> seems to work! Dang. You know, in XP I thing you could set that preference
> in Options but I don't see it here. Anyone else have a suggestion?? Thank
> you for trying.
>
> Jerry
>
> "Jerry Hughes" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thank you both for the help. It seems to work, so far (except for this
>> page) when I close out the full sized window while holding the Shift key
>> down. Hope it holds. If not, I'll try the other option. Thank you again.
>>
>> Jerry
>>
>> "dev" wrote:
>>
>> > /Jerry Hughes/ said:
>> >
>> > > This has got to be simple but I can't find it. Does anyone know how I
>> > > would change my preferences so that when I click on a link, etc. a new
>> > > page
>> > > would open, full size? All of my pages open smaller in size and the
>> > > first
>> > > thing I have to do is expand the window.
>> >
>> > Drag page borders to the desired size, then close the page with the X
>> > while holding down the <shift> key. If that does nothing try holding
>> > down <ctrl> instead when closing. See if the next page then appears at
>> > the size you set.
>> >



Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2007
Don Varnau
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Open full sized window ?
Hi,
Open a webpage. Stretch it out to fullsize. Don't use maximize.
Choose any link on that webpage and right-click> open in a new window.
Stretch that second window out to the desired size- don't use maximize.
Close the first IE window. Then close that second resized window.

To always get a true maximized window...
AutoSizer 1.4- http://www.southbaypc.com/AutoSizer/
IE New Window Maximizer http://www.jiisoft.com/iemaximizer/index.htm

Additional information at:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/ietips.htm >>> Opening
Internet Explorer Full Size
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm >>> Tip #6
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers/30.html

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Jerry Hughes" <JerryHughes[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:6CA99723-91C0-4EC2-8A21-3DF1FB9A7610@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> Thank you both for the help. It seems to work, so far (except for this
> page) when I close out the full sized window while holding the Shift key
> down. Hope it holds. If not, I'll try the other option. Thank you

again.

> "dev" wrote:
>
> > /Jerry Hughes/ said:
> >
> > > This has got to be simple but I can't find it. Does anyone know

how I
> > > would change my preferences so that when I click on a link, etc. a new

page
> > > would open, full size? All of my pages open smaller in size and the

first
> > > thing I have to do is expand the window.


> > Drag page borders to the desired size, then close the page with the X
> > while holding down the <shift> key. If that does nothing try holding
> > down <ctrl> instead when closing. See if the next page then appears at
> > the size you set.


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2007
Jerry Hughes
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Open full sized window ?
Thanks Cal Bear but in my Vista (32) under File I only have Close Tab. Never
thought this would be so hard! :-) Anyone else have a suggestion?

Jerry

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> On my system, just File>Close saves the current size.
>
>
> "Jerry Hughes" <JerryHughes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:A9A41272-5285-4B7F-88B7-6CBB7E252AA6@microsoft.com...
> > Whoops, I spoke too soon. Neither holding down on the shift or control key
> > seems to work! Dang. You know, in XP I thing you could set that preference
> > in Options but I don't see it here. Anyone else have a suggestion?? Thank
> > you for trying.
> >
> > Jerry
> >
> > "Jerry Hughes" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Thank you both for the help. It seems to work, so far (except for this
> >> page) when I close out the full sized window while holding the Shift key
> >> down. Hope it holds. If not, I'll try the other option. Thank you again.
> >>
> >> Jerry
> >>
> >> "dev" wrote:
> >>
> >> > /Jerry Hughes/ said:
> >> >
> >> > > This has got to be simple but I can't find it. Does anyone know how I
> >> > > would change my preferences so that when I click on a link, etc. a new
> >> > > page
> >> > > would open, full size? All of my pages open smaller in size and the
> >> > > first
> >> > > thing I have to do is expand the window.
> >> >
> >> > Drag page borders to the desired size, then close the page with the X
> >> > while holding down the <shift> key. If that does nothing try holding
> >> > down <ctrl> instead when closing. See if the next page then appears at
> >> > the size you set.
> >> >

>
>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
switch full screen to window =?Utf-8?B?bW9w?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 03-01-2007 05:00
Trusted sites always open in a new window in IE ThePro microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 03-01-2007 03:43
open command window here ? =?Utf-8?B?T2xlMTcwMQ==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management 16 02-28-2007 17:41
How to open message in full screen? Bill microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 2 02-19-2007 22:04




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 22:23.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120