narrator WON'T SHUT OFF AHHHHHGH

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

spok

narrator WON'T SHUT OFF AHHHHHGH
I have tried to find this answer at a few different places with no success.
Pls help
I started microsoft narator to see how it worked. Well, it works. It just
will not shut off.
PLEASE help me get this thing to shut off, and not start up every time I
strat Vista.
thanks

peace be with you

=?Utf-8?B?UGhpbGx5SmF6eg==?=

RE: narrator WON'T SHUT OFF AHHHHHGH
I feel your pain !! I cannot find the answer ANYWHERE !!! I'm going for
a System Restore, though I'll be losing a lot of work ....

--
Cheers,
Phillyjazz

"spok" wrote:

> I have tried to find this answer at a few different places with no success.
> Pls help
> I started microsoft narator to see how it worked. Well, it works. It just
> will not shut off.
> PLEASE help me get this thing to shut off, and not start up every time I
> strat Vista.
> thanks

> peace be with you

Ryan Bearfield

Re: narrator WON'T SHUT OFF AHHHHHGH
I noticed their is a tick box for turning on narrator in the Ease of Access
center under make my computer easier to see. Maybe you can untick it to turn
it off.

"PhillyJazz" <PhillyJazz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I feel your pain !! I cannot find the answer ANYWHERE !!! I'm going
>for
> a System Restore, though I'll be losing a lot of work ....
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Phillyjazz
>

> "spok" wrote:
>
>> I have tried to find this answer at a few different places with no
>> success.
>> Pls help
>> I started microsoft narator to see how it worked. Well, it works. It
>> just
>> will not shut off.
>> PLEASE help me get this thing to shut off, and not start up every time I
>> strat Vista.
>> thanks

>> peace be with you

=?Utf-8?B?bWFydGlua29ybmVy?=

Re: narrator WON'T SHUT OFF AHHHHHGH
I have the same problem - I just tested it - ticking the check box, but now
it won't turn off, even though the check box is now un-checked.

Please Help,
Martin

"Ryan Bearfield" wrote:

> I noticed their is a tick box for turning on narrator in the Ease of Access
> center under make my computer easier to see. Maybe you can untick it to turn
> it off.
>
> "PhillyJazz" <PhillyJazz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I feel your pain !! I cannot find the answer ANYWHERE !!! I'm going
> >for
> > a System Restore, though I'll be losing a lot of work ....
> >
> > --
> > Cheers,
> > Phillyjazz
> >

> > "spok" wrote:
> >
> >> I have tried to find this answer at a few different places with no
> >> success.
> >> Pls help
> >> I started microsoft narator to see how it worked. Well, it works. It
> >> just
> >> will not shut off.
> >> PLEASE help me get this thing to shut off, and not start up every time I
> >> strat Vista.
> >> thanks
> >>

> >> --
> >> peace be with you

=?Utf-8?B?SGFydGZyZWU=?=

Re: narrator WON'T SHUT OFF AHHHHHGH
In vista Contral Panel, go to Control Panel>Ease of Access Center>then select
the item "Use the computer without a display" You should be able to disable
it here by
unchecking the Turn On Narrator

"martinkorner" wrote:

> I have the same problem - I just tested it - ticking the check box, but now
> it won't turn off, even though the check box is now un-checked.
>
> Please Help,
> Martin
>

> "Ryan Bearfield" wrote:
>
> > I noticed their is a tick box for turning on narrator in the Ease of Access
> > center under make my computer easier to see. Maybe you can untick it to turn
> > it off.
> >
> > "PhillyJazz" <PhillyJazz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I feel your pain !! I cannot find the answer ANYWHERE !!! I'm going
> > >for
> > > a System Restore, though I'll be losing a lot of work ....
> > >
> > > --
> > > Cheers,
> > > Phillyjazz

=?Utf-8?B?bWFydGlua29ybmVy?=

Re: narrator WON'T SHUT OFF AHHHHHGH
That's great :-)

Thanks,
Martin

"Hartfree" wrote:

> In vista Contral Panel, go to Control Panel>Ease of Access Center>then select
> the item "Use the computer without a display" You should be able to disable
> it here by
> unchecking the Turn On Narrator

=?Utf-8?B?dG1hcnNoNA==?=

RE: narrator WON'T SHUT OFF AHHHHHGH
Hi B

Any luck with this thing shuttin off? I did the same as you, now cant get
rid of it,unbeleivable isn't it?

"spok" wrote:

> I have tried to find this answer at a few different places with no success.
> Pls help
> I started microsoft narator to see how it worked. Well, it works. It just
> will not shut off.
> PLEASE help me get this thing to shut off, and not start up every time I
> strat Vista.
> thanks

> peace be with you

=?Utf-8?B?dG1hcnNoNA==?=

Re: narrator WON'T SHUT OFF AHHHHHGH
THANK You!
Tom

"Hartfree" wrote:

> In vista Contral Panel, go to Control Panel>Ease of Access Center>then select
> the item "Use the computer without a display" You should be able to disable
> it here by
> unchecking the Turn On Narrator
>
> "martinkorner" wrote:
>
> > I have the same problem - I just tested it - ticking the check box, but now
> > it won't turn off, even though the check box is now un-checked.
> >
> > Please Help,
> > Martin
> >

> > "Ryan Bearfield" wrote:
> >
> > > I noticed their is a tick box for turning on narrator in the Ease of Access
> > > center under make my computer easier to see. Maybe you can untick it to turn
> > > it off.

=?Utf-8?B?amF3eA==?=

"Hartfree" wrote:

> In vista Contral Panel, go to Control Panel>Ease of Access Center>then select
> the item "Use the computer without a display" You should be able to disable
> it here by
> unchecking the Turn On Narrator

I was beside myself with rage with the inability to turn of Narrator, and
everything I did was unsuccessful. Afer reading the message above, I found
the checked box for Narrator and it finally teminated.

I was completely disappointed with Narrator, since it did not read the key
content of any web page, word document or excel file, but instead babbled on
about each keystroke entry, reading the peripheral titles and management
windows contents--especially the Narrator box, which I was trying to close.
This is in constrast to the Apple Mac program, which reads entire articles
and pages with ease--for many years.

Now, if I could just get my network printer to work!
=?Utf-8?B?TG9zaW5nIG15IG1pbmQh?=

Re: narrator WON'T SHUT OFF AHHHHHGH
Hatfree you are my hero. I had the narrator on for the last 4 days and I was
unable to turn it off, I was losing my mind! Thank you!!!