mmc has detected an error in a snap-in and will unload it

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

ACDCFAN

mmc has detected an error in a snap-in and will unload it

Hi all
As you can see I have a problem with Event viewer and Task Scheduler. I
am unable to load event viewer with following error

I get following error with couple of options

2 Unload the sanp in and continue running

After I choose second option I get another screen with following error

FX:{b05566ad-fe9c-4363-be05-7a4cbb7cb510}

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Exception type
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
Exception Stack trace

at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeTyp e type, Boolean
publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle&
ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean
fillCache)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean
skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.FormView.InternalIniti alize()
at
Microsoft.ManagementConsole.View.HandleInitializat ionRequest(IRequestStatus
requestStatus)
at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.View.ProcessRequest(Re quest request)
at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.ViewMessageClient.Proc essRequest(Request
request)
at
Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Internal.IMessageClien t.ProcessRequest(Request
request)
at
Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.RequestStatu s.BeginRequest(IMessageClient
messageClient, RequestInfo requestInfo)
at
Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.SnapInReques tOperation.ProcessRequest()
at
Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.Operation.On ThreadTransfer(SimpleOperationCallback
callback) -

And also with Task Scheduler but wtih the different FX error
-FX:{c7b8fb06-bfe1-4c2e-9217-7a69a95bbac4} -

Now I have run scfscannow and no error found.... I tried to to
re-register *.dll files by using note pad and command
C:\users\admninistrator\registeradminpak.cmd and that did not work.

Repair install or repair computer is my last option but I am not sure
if that will work because everything else works fine....I don't know
when it stopped working because I haven't been checking event viewer for
a long time. Reason form wanting to check is that 3rd party side bar
application worked fine one and day and next it decided not to.

Can you please help or repair computer from a vista DVD is my last
option. IF I do it, what will it do to my updates?

Thanks
ACDCFAN

--
ACDCFAN

Spirit

Re: mmc has detected an error in a snap-in and will unload it
Download and reinstall NET Framework 3.51

Are you using Disk Keeper?

Update your Video Driver (actually go to maker's site, DO NOT run
Device Manager - Check for Updates)

There is also a system policy setting that can cause this issue.

http://www.insidetheregistry.com/reg....asp?keyid=832

"ACDCFAN" <ACDCFAN.3uowvb@news.home.local> wrote in message

> Hi all
> As you can see I have a problem with Event viewer and Task Scheduler. I
> am unable to load event viewer with following error
>
> I get following error with couple of options

> 2 Unload the sanp in and continue running
>
> After I choose second option I get another screen with following error
>
> FX:{b05566ad-fe9c-4363-be05-7a4cbb7cb510}
>
> Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
>
> Exception type
> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
> Exception Stack trace
>
> at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeTyp e type, Boolean
> publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle&
> ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
> at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean
> fillCache)
> at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean
> skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache)
> at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
> at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.FormView.InternalIniti alize()
> at
> Microsoft.ManagementConsole.View.HandleInitializat ionRequest(IRequestStatus
> requestStatus)
> at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.View.ProcessRequest(Re quest request)
> at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.ViewMessageClient.Proc essRequest(Request
> request)
> at
> Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Internal.IMessageClien t.ProcessRequest(Request
> request)
> at
> Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.RequestStatu s.BeginRequest(IMessageClient
> messageClient, RequestInfo requestInfo)
> at
> Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.SnapInReques tOperation.ProcessRequest()
> at
> Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.Operation.On ThreadTransfer(SimpleOperationCallback
> callback) -
>
> And also with Task Scheduler but wtih the different FX error
> -FX:{c7b8fb06-bfe1-4c2e-9217-7a69a95bbac4} -
>
> Now I have run scfscannow and no error found.... I tried to to
> re-register *.dll files by using note pad and command
> C:\users\admninistrator\registeradminpak.cmd and that did not work.
>
> Repair install or repair computer is my last option but I am not sure
> if that will work because everything else works fine....I don't know
> when it stopped working because I haven't been checking event viewer for
> a long time. Reason form wanting to check is that 3rd party side bar
> application worked fine one and day and next it decided not to.
>
> Can you please help or repair computer from a vista DVD is my last
> option. IF I do it, what will it do to my updates?
>
> Thanks
> ACDCFAN
>

> --
> ACDCFAN

ACDCFAN

Spirit;1083346 Wrote:
> [...]

> > callback) -
> >
> > And also with Task Scheduler but wtih the different FX error
> > -FX:{c7b8fb06-bfe1-4c2e-9217-7a69a95bbac4} -
> >
> > Now I have run scfscannow and no error found.... I tried to to
> > re-register *.dll files by using note pad and command
> > C:\users\admninistrator\registeradminpak.cmd and that did not work.
> >
> > Repair install or repair computer is my last option but I am not

> sure
> > if that will work because everything else works fine....I don't know
> > when it stopped working because I haven't been checking event viewer

> for
> > a long time. Reason form wanting to check is that 3rd party side bar
> > application worked fine one and day and next it decided not to.
> >
> > Can you please help or repair computer from a vista DVD is my last
> > option. IF I do it, what will it do to my updates?

Do I need to uninstall existing one and clean anything leftover? I
have which 3.5 SP1
I tried installing over the existing one, but it only cam up with
repair or uninstall.....
I don't use disc keeper at all.....

And there are no entries, MMC , under the hex key explained by the link
provided

--
ACDCFAN

Spirit

Re: mmc has detected an error in a snap-in and will unload it
REPAIR it

"ACDCFAN" <ACDCFAN.3up7za@news.home.local> wrote in message

> [...]

>> > when it stopped working because I haven't been checking event viewer

>> for
>> > a long time. Reason form wanting to check is that 3rd party side bar
>> > application worked fine one and day and next it decided not to.
>> >
>> > Can you please help or repair computer from a vista DVD is my last
>> > option. IF I do it, what will it do to my updates?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > ACDCFAN
>> >

>> > --
>> > ACDCFAN
>> >

> Do I need to uninstall existing one and clean anything leftover? I
> have which 3.5 SP1
> I tried installing over the existing one, but it only cam up with
> repair or uninstall.....
> I don't use disc keeper at all.....
>
> And there are no entries, MMC , under the hex key explained by the link

ACDCFAN

Spirit;1083607 Wrote:
> REPAIR it
>
> "ACDCFAN" <ACDCFAN.3up7za@news.home.local> wrote in message
> >
> > Spirit;1083346 Wrote:
> >> Download and reinstall NET Framework 3.51
> >>
> >> 'Download details: .NET Framework 3.5 Service pack 1'
> >> ('Download details: .NET Framework 3.5 Service pack 1'

> (http://tinyurl.com/5t9uol))
> >>
> >> Are you using Disk Keeper?
> >>
> >> Update your Video Driver (actually go to maker's site, DO NOT run
> >> Device Manager - Check for Updates)
> >>
> >> There is also a system policy setting that can cause this issue.
> >>
> >> 'Information About The Registry Key
> >> 'FX:{b05566ad-fe9c-4363-be05-7a4cbb7cb510}''
> >> ('Information About The Registry Key

> 'FX:{b05566ad-fe9c-4363-be05-7a4cbb7cb510}''
> (http://www.insidetheregistry.com/reg....asp?keyid=832))
> >>
> >> "ACDCFAN" <ACDCFAN.3uowvb@news.home.local> wrote in message

> Scheduler.

> >> error

> Boolean
> >> RuntimeMethodHandle&

> Boolean

> Boolean
> >> >

> Microsoft.ManagementConsole.View.HandleInitializat ionRequest(IRequestStatus

> request)
> >>

> Microsoft.ManagementConsole.ViewMessageClient.Proc essRequest(Request
> >> >

> Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Internal.IMessageClien t.ProcessRequest(Request
> >> >

> Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.RequestStatu s.BeginRequest(IMessageClient
> >> >

> Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.SnapInReques tOperation.ProcessRequest()
> >> >

> Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.Operation.On ThreadTransfer(SimpleOperationCallback

> work.

> >> sure

> know

> viewer
> >> for

> bar

> last

> > Do I need to uninstall existing one and clean anything leftover? I
> > have which 3.5 SP1
> > I tried installing over the existing one, but it only cam up with
> > repair or uninstall.....
> > I don't use disc keeper at all.....
> >
> > And there are no entries, MMC , under the hex key explained by the

> link
> > provided
> >

> > --
> > ACDCFAN

Tried it....
No go....
Still getting same error.

--
ACDCFAN

undisclosed

Re: mmc has detected an error in a snap-in and will unload it

I even faced the same issue after installing Vista SP2.
Uninstalled it, then MMC started working absolutely fine.
Before that, i tried so many other things like uninstallin .net
framework, renaming its .config file. Checking if the registry key is
corrupt etc. But no luck!

--
ashigro
ACDCFAN

undisclosed;1106198 Wrote:
> I even faced the same issue after installing Vista SP2.
> Uninstalled it, then MMC started working absolutely fine.
> Before that, i tried so many other things like uninstallin .net
> framework, renaming its .config file. Checking if the registry key is
> corrupt etc. But no luck!
>

> --
> ashigro

I ended up reinstalling Vista