How to replace some dll file in system32?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Atmoz is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How to replace some dll file in system32?
i need to replace some dll in system32 to play GTA4 normally
however
it seems that only the "trustedinstaller" could do that
as an administrator, how to delete or edit the dll?
please help

Last edited by Atmoz : 06-25-2009 at 10:35.
JEWboy

Re: How to replace some dll file in system32?
you must take ownership of that file, first make sure you're Adminsitrator,
then rightclick on file, then-->security-->advanced, etc, you must set it to
'Full zControl".

Then you can delete .dll, and possibly ruin your system if you don't know
what you're doing, I just told you how ot delete/replace protected files,
but it's you rproblem if you screw up Windows royally by doing so

Donald

Re: How to replace some dll file in system32?
The GTA4 player should take care of this. Maybe they had a patch for that
issue. You can save a lot of time by contacting them for support.
Did you get that error message when you run some installation program? You
may try to disable the digital signature of program.

You can try to execute this command-line
bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks ON
and
bcdedit /set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

You can check the following pages about more options.
http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/666067.htm
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...9-533ef3de564d
That's for drivers.

If the problem is not with your drivers:
your users will get the digital signature error if the software isn't
verified using a code signing certificate.
you need to get your developers to use a code signing certificate issued
from a trusted authority. I suspect they are using a self generated
certificate, which isn't in the trusted publishers root on each pc.
you can buy these from any of the usual suspects - verisign etc..
If you sign software, it needs to be done in a fashion that is understood by
all possible clients.
one way around this is if you have an internal CA - create a code signing
cert with your own CA, sign your software.
all your client PC's will need YOUR CA public cert installed - then you
shouldn't get the error.

For simply deleting Dll, you can do it in safe mode most of the time. For
editing them, you will need to install some program tools like Visual Studio
to customize them completely.

"Atmoz" <Atmoz.3ubzgd@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> i need to replace some dll in system32 to play GTA4 normally
> however
> it seems that only the "trustedinstaller" could do that
> as an administrator, how to delete or edit the dll?
> please help
>

> --
> Atmoz

Donald

Re: How to replace some dll file in system32?
Whoops, you do have that mechanism to add CA to your DLL, right? If those
DLLs are from those software providers then you may don't have much ways to
add anything to them, you will need to ask the provider to give a signed one
or turn off the signature monitoring feature in registry.