Screen Saver - Direct3D

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

=?Utf-8?B?TWlsdG9u?=

Screen Saver - Direct3D
I got a trouble. I'm running Windows Vista Home Basic.

When I try to set up my screen saver the preview screen says:

" The screen saver can't run because it requires a newer video card or one
that's compatible with Direct3D".

What this means? Can somebody help me?

Please, email me at: Milton_Days@hotmail.com.

Thanks
Steve Thackery

Re: Screen Saver - Direct3D
It means exactly what it says, really. Direct3D is a standard used for
applications to communicate with the graphics card in your PC. It was
introduced a few years ago, and enables much more spectacular graphics than
the older standard.. Your graphics card is probably rather old, hence it
not supporting Direct3D.

If you have a laptop, it won't actually have a graphics 'card' as such -
instead it will be built into the mother board, but the problem is basically
the same - it predates the introduction of Direct3D.

Your only option is to select a screensaver which doesn't require Direct3D
(try them all - some should work), or upgrade your graphics card. If you
have a laptop, you are stuck unless you buy a new one.

Steve

Darryn Hart

Re: Screen Saver - Direct3D
The problem may be that Windows Vista does not have the griver for your
Graphics card which means you would have find the new drivers e-mail me the
graphic card details i will find you a driver

"Milton" <Milton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I got a trouble. I'm running Windows Vista Home Basic.
>
> When I try to set up my screen saver the preview screen says:
>
> " The screen saver can't run because it requires a newer video card or one
> that's compatible with Direct3D".
>
> What this means? Can somebody help me?
>
> Please, email me at: Milton_Days@hotmail.com.
>
> Thanks

Aelix is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I also have gotten this message, but the problem is that I did not used to get this message before.

The screen savers worked perfectly until I tried to download some new drivers so a video game from 2004 could work.

The windows+tab feature and the feature that when you hover your mouse over an item on the start bar, it gives you a thumbnail of what the program is doing, no longer work as well. Could that be related?

Please help me fix this, thanks.
Aelix
Hiren

Re: Screen Saver - Direct3D
This probably indicates that the `Windows Aero` color scheme has been turned
off by your video game.To get it back,right-click in any empty area of the
desktop and select `Personalisation`.In the new window that appears,select
`Window Color and Appearance` and choose `Windows Aero` from the list of
schemes displayed there.Click on `Apply` and then click `OK`.

--
Aelix

Sapphire5757 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Screen Saver - Direct3D
Yea thats wht it saids on mine too. I dont see y thou.

Sapphire5757 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Screen Saver - Direct3D
Thats the same problem with me. I tried the personalize part and click whatever oreo, it isn't there. Now what?