WINSXS Folder is HUGE!

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Sergiu GHENOV

WINSXS Folder is HUGE!
It has about 25 GB!
I know that the HDD drives are cheap, but come on, it's huge!!
Is there any tool available for reducing the size of it?

Thanks!
Sergiu.

Re: WINSXS Folder is HUGE!
It's not that big. It is like shortcuts. the real files atrin system32.

--
..
--
"Sergiu GHENOV" <sergiu.andi@gmail.com> wrote in message
> It has about 25 GB!
> I know that the HDD drives are cheap, but come on, it's huge!!
> Is there any tool available for reducing the size of it?
>
> Thanks!
> Sergiu.

Sergiu GHENOV

Re: WINSXS Folder is HUGE!
Yes, but it is growing over and over.
In Windows XP there was nothing like it.
Can't I disable this compatibility folder or something like it?
There are a lot of duplicate files.
Why????
This folder is creepy! Really

<.> wrote in message news:e3YCxMZ0JHA.5288@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> It's not that big. It is like shortcuts. the real files atrin system32.
>
> --
> .
> --
> "Sergiu GHENOV" <sergiu.andi@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> It has about 25 GB!
>> I know that the HDD drives are cheap, but come on, it's huge!!
>> Is there any tool available for reducing the size of it?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Sergiu.

Richard Urban

Re: WINSXS Folder is HUGE!
Leave it be.

Search this news group for winsxs and read what has been answered dozens of
times per month.

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP

"Sergiu GHENOV" <sergiu.andi@gmail.com> wrote in message
> It has about 25 GB!
> I know that the HDD drives are cheap, but come on, it's huge!!
> Is there any tool available for reducing the size of it?
>
> Thanks!
> Sergiu.

Richard Urban

Re: WINSXS Folder is HUGE!
http://www.winvistaclub.com/f16.html

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP
Windows Desktop Experience

"Sergiu GHENOV" <sergiu.andi@gmail.com> wrote in message
> It has about 25 GB!
> I know that the HDD drives are cheap, but come on, it's huge!!
> Is there any tool available for reducing the size of it?
>
> Thanks!
> Sergiu.

Rob Moir

Re: WINSXS Folder is HUGE!
"Sergiu GHENOV" <sergiu.andi@gmail.com> wrote in message
> It has about 25 GB!

No, it doesn't.

> I know that the HDD drives are cheap, but come on, it's huge!!

No, it isn't.

> Is there any tool available for reducing the size of it?

Nothing that you'd really want to use, no.

Alias

Re: WINSXS Folder is HUGE!
measekite Da Monkey wrote:

Snip ill informed drivel.

> But the people who do know about Linux dismiss it as just a toy written by
> geeks for geeks. You just don't like that FACT.

Not a fact, sorry. But if it helps you get it through the night, keep
believing it but don't cry to me when you've realized that you've missed
the bus, Gus.

Alias
+Bob+

Re: WINSXS Folder is HUGE!
On Tue, 12 May 2009 19:56:23 +0200, Alias
<iamaliasR3MOV3@THISgmail.com> wrote:

>measekite Da Monkey wrote:
>
>Snip ill informed drivel.
>
>> But the people who do know about Linux dismiss it as just a toy written by
>> geeks for geeks. You just don't like that FACT.

>Not a fact, sorry. But if it helps you get it through the night, keep
>believing it but don't cry to me when you've realized that you've missed
>the bus, Gus.

What daMonkey is trying to tell you is that he doesn't have the
intelligence to use any computer interface that requires more than
following a wizard for all operations.

measekite Da Monkey

Re: WINSXS Folder is HUGE!

"+Bob+" <nomailplease@example.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 12 May 2009 19:56:23 +0200, Alias
> <iamaliasR3MOV3@THISgmail.com> wrote:
>
>>measekite Da Monkey wrote:
>>
>>Snip ill informed drivel.
>>
>>> But the people who do know about Linux dismiss it as just a toy written
>>> by
>>> geeks for geeks. You just don't like that FACT.

>>Not a fact, sorry. But if it helps you get it through the night, keep
>>believing it but don't cry to me when you've realized that you've missed
>>the bus, Gus.

> What daMonkey is trying to tell you is that he doesn't have the
> intelligence to use any computer interface that requires more than
> following a wizard for all operations.

Sorry douche bag. You missed the mark again as usual. Typical for someone
who has his head up his ass.

Gordon

Re: WINSXS Folder is HUGE!
measekite Da Monkey wrote:
> "+Bob+" <nomailplease@example.com> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 12 May 2009 19:56:23 +0200, Alias
>> <iamaliasR3MOV3@THISgmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> measekite Da Monkey wrote:
>>>
>>> Snip ill informed drivel.

>>> Not a fact, sorry. But if it helps you get it through the night, keep
>>> believing it but don't cry to me when you've realized that you've missed
>>> the bus, Gus.

>> What daMonkey is trying to tell you is that he doesn't have the
>> intelligence to use any computer interface that requires more than
>> following a wizard for all operations.
>>

> Sorry douche bag. You missed the mark again as usual. Typical for someone
> who has his head up his ass.

But you didn't provide any evidence to the contrary, just some personal
abuse. In this case, guilty unless proven innocent.

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level