Desktop icons appear in a gray bar at the top

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

=?Utf-8?B?ZW1qb2huc29u?=

Desktop icons appear in a gray bar at the top
I don't know what I did, but all my desktop icons are gone - but at the top
of my desktop - there is a grey bar with stuff in it. How do I get my Icons
back on the desktop the way they use to be? They are all gone?!
Keith Miller MVP

Re: Desktop icons appear in a gray bar at the top
To display Deskop icons:

Right-click on Deskop -> 'View' -> 'Show Desktop Icons'

The grey bar at the top is a user-created toolbar. On the left end, there
should be a dotted vertical line. Right-click the line & select 'Close
toolbar'

--
Good Luck,

Keith
Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]

"emjohnson" <emjohnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I don't know what I did, but all my desktop icons are gone - but at the top
> of my desktop - there is a grey bar with stuff in it. How do I get my
> Icons
> back on the desktop the way they use to be? They are all gone?!

=?Utf-8?B?ZW1qb2huc29u?=

Re: Desktop icons appear in a gray bar at the top
Thank you so much!!

"Keith Miller MVP" wrote:

> To display Deskop icons:
>
> Right-click on Deskop -> 'View' -> 'Show Desktop Icons'
>
> The grey bar at the top is a user-created toolbar. On the left end, there
> should be a dotted vertical line. Right-click the line & select 'Close
> toolbar'
>

> --
> Good Luck,
>
> Keith
> Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
>
> "emjohnson" <emjohnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I don't know what I did, but all my desktop icons are gone - but at the top
> > of my desktop - there is a grey bar with stuff in it. How do I get my
> > Icons
> > back on the desktop the way they use to be? They are all gone?!

Keith Miller MVP

Re: Desktop icons appear in a gray bar at the top
You're welcome.

--

> Thank you so much!!
>
> "Keith Miller MVP" wrote:
>
>> To display Deskop icons:
>>
>> Right-click on Deskop -> 'View' -> 'Show Desktop Icons'
>>
>> The grey bar at the top is a user-created toolbar. On the left end,
>> there
>> should be a dotted vertical line. Right-click the line & select 'Close
>> toolbar'
>>

>> --
>> Good Luck,
>>
>> Keith
>> Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
>>
>> "emjohnson" <emjohnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I don't know what I did, but all my desktop icons are gone - but at the
>> >top
>> > of my desktop - there is a grey bar with stuff in it. How do I get my
>> > Icons
>> > back on the desktop the way they use to be? They are all gone?!

there is no gray tool bar

"emjohnson" wrote:

> I don't know what I did, but all my desktop icons are gone - but at the top
> of my desktop - there is a grey bar with stuff in it. How do I get my Icons
> back on the desktop the way they use to be? They are all gone?!

zbd

Re: Desktop icons appear in a gray bar at the top

I know it is an old post but it still worked to fix my problem.
Thanks a lot.

--
zbd
zbd's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/88140.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

John Galt

zbd <zbd.3y9zja@DoNotSpam.com> wrote:

>I know it is an old post but it still worked to fix my problem.
>Thanks a lot.

It makes no sense to reply that old a post. Nobody today has a clue
what you're posting about, and nobody from that time period is even
monitoring the thread.
mortonkv

On Sep 10, 12:42 am, John Galt <ga...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> zbd <zbd.3y9...@DoNotSpam.com> wrote:
>
> >I know it is an old post but it still worked to fix my problem.
> >Thanks a lot.

> It makes no sense to reply that old a post. Nobody today has a clue
> what you're posting about, and nobody from that time period is even
> monitoring the thread.

Not true. Thanks to zbd's post I was able to solve a similar problem.

SPAM!
SPAM!