Corrupt Win 7.ISO Download?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

ross m. greenberg

Corrupt Win 7.ISO Download?
I just tried three times to download the Windows 7 .ISO beta through the
Download Manager. I only succeeded once and when I finally got it down it
seemed there was a corrupt image. Does anybody have a clean link to the
image? I'm anxious to try it out in my VirtualBox .

Thanks.

Ross

olfart

Re: Corrupt Win 7.ISO Download?

"ross m. greenberg" <greenber@@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I just tried three times to download the Windows 7 .ISO beta through the
>Download Manager. I only succeeded once and when I finally got it down it
>seemed there was a corrupt image. Does anybody have a clean link to the
>image? I'm anxious to try it out in my VirtualBox .
>
> Thanks.
>
> Ross

turn off any AV progs and try again

Jon

Re: Corrupt Win 7.ISO Download?

"ross m. greenberg" <greenber@@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I just tried three times to download the Windows 7 .ISO beta through the
>Download Manager. I only succeeded once and when I finally got it down it
>seemed there was a corrupt image. Does anybody have a clean link to the
>image? I'm anxious to try it out in my VirtualBox .
>
> Thanks.
>
> Ross

May be better to wait a couple of days. I believe the release candidate will
be out then.

--
Jon

Dave

Re: Corrupt Win 7.ISO Download?
Which one?
The original beta (build 7000) is no longer available.
The RC release is only available to Technet and MSDN subscribers now. It
will be available to the public on Tuesday May 5. Build 7100 (RC) is
available via torrents, if you get the correct one.

--
Windows 7 beta
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"ross m. greenberg" <greenber@@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I just tried three times to download the Windows 7 .ISO beta through the
> Download Manager. I only succeeded once and when I finally got it down it
> seemed there was a corrupt image. Does anybody have a clean link to the
> image? I'm anxious to try it out in my VirtualBox .
>
> Thanks.
>
> Ross

Peter Foldes

Re: Corrupt Win 7.ISO Download?
Turn OFF your Anti Virus and all Security programs except for your Windows Firewall
when downloading the ISO file

--
Peter

"ross m. greenberg" <greenber@@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I just tried three times to download the Windows 7 .ISO beta through the Download
>Manager. I only succeeded once and when I finally got it down it seemed there was a
>corrupt image. Does anybody have a clean link to the image? I'm anxious to try it
>out in my VirtualBox .
>
> Thanks.
>
> Ross

Alias

Peter Foldes wrote:
> Turn OFF your Anti Virus and all Security programs except for your
> Windows Firewall when downloading the ISO file

Either that or use Ubuntu to download it and burn it. www.ubuntu.com

Alias
Van Chocstraw

ross m. greenberg wrote:
> I just tried three times to download the Windows 7 .ISO beta through the
> Download Manager. I only succeeded once and when I finally got it down it
> seemed there was a corrupt image. Does anybody have a clean link to the
> image? I'm anxious to try it out in my VirtualBox .
>
> Thanks.
>
> Ross

I had to make several tries. MS servers are flaky. Sometimes there is
corruption. Sometimes they get tired and stop. You have to start all
over because the file changed or you can't save it when it's done.
Never have trouble with Linux .iso's.
Richard Urban

Re: Corrupt Win 7.ISO Download?
Be certain that the download has actually finished when using the FTM. It
should be identified as completed.

When the file is at 100% it is not necessarily completed. The file is then
verified, which takes a few extra minutes. If you close the FTM too early
and try to burn the .iso file to a disk you may have problems as the
verification was not completed.

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP

"ross m. greenberg" <greenber@@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I just tried three times to download the Windows 7 .ISO beta through the
>Download Manager. I only succeeded once and when I finally got it down it
>seemed there was a corrupt image. Does anybody have a clean link to the
>image? I'm anxious to try it out in my VirtualBox .
>
> Thanks.
>
> Ross

ross m. greenberg

"Dave" <Dave@beepbeepbeepbeep.com> wrote in message
> Which one?
> The original beta (build 7000) is no longer available.
> The RC release is only available to Technet and MSDN subscribers now. It
> will be available to the public on Tuesday May 5. Build 7100 (RC) is
> available via torrents, if you get the correct one.

Well, I believe I was getting the original beta! It just my luck that is no
longer available! Sigh. That seems to be the story of my life. :-)
Ross

John Barnett MVP

Re: Corrupt Win 7.ISO Download?
I take it that this is the Microsoft download manager? I downloaded Windows
7 RC on the 30 April and didn't have any problem. Unless you have an error
message you wouldn't know whether the ISO file was corrupt until you
physically burnt it to media. One thing that usually happens is that the ISO
is burnt too rapidly and this can cause problems. See if you can change the
burn setting of your CD/DVD burn software to X2 and see if that makes any
difference.

--
John Barnett MVP
Windows XP Associate Expert