Shortcut key to eject CD/DVD?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

=?Utf-8?B?Z3JlZ2NvbHM=?=

Shortcut key to eject CD/DVD?
Is there a keyboard shortcut to eject a CD or DVD? I have been using Media
Center and didn't see one on there. My manual button on my DVD/CD drive
doesn't work that great. Thanks for the help.
Mike Hall - MS MVP

Re: Shortcut key to eject CD/DVD?
On the front panel?

--

Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User

dean-dean

Re: Shortcut key to eject CD/DVD?
If you click on the Computer icon on your desktop, you can right-click the
DVD/CD drive, and choose eject. In Windows Media Player, you can use CTRL +
J. Dunno about Media Center...

"gregcols" <gregcols@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a keyboard shortcut to eject a CD or DVD? I have been using
> Media
> Center and didn't see one on there. My manual button on my DVD/CD drive
> doesn't work that great. Thanks for the help.

Rick Rogers

Re: Shortcut key to eject CD/DVD?
Hi,

No, but you should be able to right click the drive in Windows Explorer and
choose eject from there.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"gregcols" <gregcols@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a keyboard shortcut to eject a CD or DVD? I have been using
> Media
> Center and didn't see one on there. My manual button on my DVD/CD drive
> doesn't work that great. Thanks for the help.

=?Utf-8?B?Z3JlZ2NvbHM=?=

Re: Shortcut key to eject CD/DVD?
Isn't there a way without being in an actual program? I already new about
the right clicking on the dvd drive. I just want a simple keyboard shortcut.

"dean-dean" wrote:

> If you click on the Computer icon on your desktop, you can right-click the
> DVD/CD drive, and choose eject. In Windows Media Player, you can use CTRL +
> J. Dunno about Media Center...
>
> "gregcols" <gregcols@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a keyboard shortcut to eject a CD or DVD? I have been using
> > Media
> > Center and didn't see one on there. My manual button on my DVD/CD drive
> > doesn't work that great. Thanks for the help.

Rick Rogers

Re: Shortcut key to eject CD/DVD?
Hi,

Something like this may be of use:
http://www.allworldsoft.com/software...eject-tool.htm

--

> Isn't there a way without being in an actual program? I already new about
> the right clicking on the dvd drive. I just want a simple keyboard
> shortcut.
>

> "dean-dean" wrote:
>
>> If you click on the Computer icon on your desktop, you can right-click
>> the
>> DVD/CD drive, and choose eject. In Windows Media Player, you can use
>> CTRL +
>> J. Dunno about Media Center...
>>
>> "gregcols" <gregcols@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Is there a keyboard shortcut to eject a CD or DVD? I have been using
>> > Media
>> > Center and didn't see one on there. My manual button on my DVD/CD
>> > drive
>> > doesn't work that great. Thanks for the help.

Mike Matheny

Re: Shortcut key to eject CD/DVD?
In article <9C3FCB34-29B8-4072-A862-7EE189B1280E@microsoft.com>, =?Utf-8?B?
Z3JlZ2NvbHM=?= says...

> Isn't there a way without being in an actual program? I already new about
> the right clicking on the dvd drive. I just want a simple keyboard shortcut.
>

> "dean-dean" wrote:
>
> > If you click on the Computer icon on your desktop, you can right-click the
> > DVD/CD drive, and choose eject. In Windows Media Player, you can use CTRL +
> > J. Dunno about Media Center...
> >
> > "gregcols" <gregcols@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Is there a keyboard shortcut to eject a CD or DVD? I have been using
> > > Media
> > > Center and didn't see one on there. My manual button on my DVD/CD drive
> > > doesn't work that great. Thanks for the help.

A cheap multimedia keyboard usually has an Eject button.
--

Mike Matheny