Verifying DMI pool data

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Fightparis

Verifying DMI pool data

Can someone help me because I have tried almost everything i can find to
fix this.
My computer freezes at Verifying DMI pool data... I can't boot off cd
or anything
HELP!!!

--
Fightparis
Richard G. Harper

Re: Verifying DMI pool data
Sounds like your computer has died if it will not complete the POST
(Power-On Self Test) process. Consult with a reputable repair shop or
someone skilled in hardware troubleshooting to confirm this.

"Fightparis" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Can someone help me because I have tried almost everything i can find to
> fix this.
> My computer freezes at Verifying DMI pool data... I can't boot off cd
> or anything
> HELP!!!
>

> --
> Fightparis

the wharf rat

Re: Verifying DMI pool data
In article <ud6xiaXyJHA.4628@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>,
Richard G. Harper <rgharper@gmail.com> wrote:
>Sounds like your computer has died if it will not complete the POST
>(Power-On Self Test) process. Consult with a reputable repair shop or
>someone skilled in hardware troubleshooting to confirm this.

Ok, the DMI pool data is a table the BIOS sends the OS containing
device information. This is usually a hardware problem but sometimes
you can fix it by resetting the bios. If you can get into the bios setup
(del or f1 or f2 or... when booting) and write down the settings.

Now open the machine and find the little flat coin battery. Figure
out the wierd little spring clip that holds it in the little flat coin
battery holder. Remove it. it will fly across the room or pop out into
the computer innards. (Opps, did I tell you to unplug it before you did this
part? Well, unplug it before you do this part ok?) If you lose it
don't worry they sell them at radio shack but if you lose it in the machine
find it before you plug it back in...

Now, leave the machine unplugged and without the battery for
about 20 minutes at least. Put the battery in the same way it was and
plug it in and turn it on. If you're lucky it will work now.

knobber

Re: Verifying DMI pool data
Just to add to the wharf rat`s answer,you made need to replace the battery
for a new one.

Also disconnect m/b from psu and all other items on m/b cards,memory hdd
etc.,then reseat them.

If the above fails your m/b or m/b bios may of gone awol.

Regards

Knobber
"Fightparis" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Can someone help me because I have tried almost everything i can find to
> fix this.
> My computer freezes at Verifying DMI pool data... I can't boot off cd
> or anything
> HELP!!!
>

> --
> Fightparis

Fightparis

Re: Verifying DMI pool data

First whats the m/b?
Second i have taken the battery out and i have taken everything out and
reseated them
Also i have set the bios to default and all that jazz nothing worked

--
Fightparis
Fightparis

Re: Verifying DMI pool data