Hardware conflicts + IRQ sharing

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

killemall85 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hardware conflicts + IRQ sharing
Hi,
I am getting quite a few 'blue screens of death' lately so have been looking for the problem, the screen most times indicates memory problems. I have ran the memory diagnostics tool and this has come back saying I do have hardware problems and I should contact my PC manufacturer. Unfortunally this is me.

Looking at conflicts in system information, there seem too be quite a few problems. As a n00b to vista, i have no idea if having these is common or not.
Just counting straight off there are 10 conflicts: 5 IO Port addressing problems, 4 memory addressing problems and one IRQ problem.
As I have no clue how to go by solving the IO and memory problems I had a look at the IRQ. It seems my USB Host Controller and my NVIDIA nForce networking Controller share IRQ 23. I have read that this can be common?

If anybody has any tips on how to get rid of any of the IO/memory addressing problems that would be great.

Am running vista 32 bit.

Grtz
Richard Urban

Re: Hardware conflicts + IRQ sharing
Memory diagnostic tools do not look at IRQ sharing. If the test indicates a
"hardware" problem - look to defective, subpar or improperly matched RAM.
The RAM could also not be seated correctly in the sockets.

If you are over clocking look to that as a cause.

Vista is perfectly capable of sharing IRQ's without any help/intervention
from you.

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP