Firefox does not respond, video files freeze during playback

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

psileas

Firefox does not respond, video files freeze during playback

I have a notebook with vista ultimate 32bit installed and i'm
experiencing issues with firefox(suddenly it doesn't resond for 2-3
minutes) and when i'm watching video files, it freezes(for 2-3 minutes
as well).i have installed twice the proper codecs(different package
every time), i have cleaned the registry, but the problem remains.any
help please?

--
psileas
Nil

Re: Firefox does not respond, video files freeze during playback
On 18 Apr 2009, psileas <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in
microsoft.public.windows.vista.general:

> I have a notebook with vista ultimate 32bit installed and i'm
> experiencing issues with firefox(suddenly it doesn't resond for
> 2-3 minutes) and when i'm watching video files, it freezes(for 2-3
> minutes as well).i have installed twice the proper
> codecs(different package every time), i have cleaned the registry,
> but the problem remains.any help please?

Your question really has to do with Firefox, not Vista. You would be
more likely to get helpful answers in a Firefox or Mozilla forum.

Maybe there is something corrupt or really messed up about your Firefox
user profile. Try creating a fresh new one:

<http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Managing+profiles>

If all works on that one, you can use it and delete your old one. I
believe you can backup your bookmarks and other stuff from your old one
and import it to your new profile so you won't necessarily lose
everything.
rasmasyean

Re: Firefox does not respond, video files freeze during playback

This is a common problem with Flash video in FireFox. It's not unique to
Vista. There is no work-arround anyone has found that I'm aware of other
then clearing your cache and relaunching Firefox and hoping it works for
a while.

If you go ot the mozilla forums they will blame Adobe and stuff like
that but whatever. If you find a REAL solution, please let us know!

EDIT: btw, I'm talking about browser video. Not sure if it's related
to your problem as you weren't clear on what kind of video you were
using. But maybe it's related anyway.

--
rasmasyean

Cure diseases with your unused processor power!
You can make a difference!
'Folding@Home' (http://folding.stanford.edu/) - Distributed Computing
Manny Weisbord

rasmasyean <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>This is a common problem with Flash video in FireFox. It's not unique to
>Vista. There is no work-arround anyone has found that I'm aware of other
>then clearing your cache and relaunching Firefox and hoping it works for
>a while.

I have absolutely NO flash video problem in Firefox, and I've been
using it as my default browser since the release of 2.0
Canuck57

"psileas" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I have a notebook with vista ultimate 32bit installed and i'm
> experiencing issues with firefox(suddenly it doesn't resond for 2-3
> minutes) and when i'm watching video files, it freezes(for 2-3 minutes
> as well).i have installed twice the proper codecs(different package
> every time), i have cleaned the registry, but the problem remains.any
> help please?

I routinely watch videos with Firefox. Infact I haven't used IE much for 8
years. No problems here. Which means you likely have driver issues or less
likely, hardware issues.

rasmasyean

Re: Firefox does not respond, video files freeze during playback

The FireFox problem doesn't happen to everyone. But the people whom it
does happen to seem to not be permanetly resolvable. Maybe it depends
on hardware setup, they don't know. But if you look through the forums,
there will be "long threads" on this that don't really help. You either
clear your cache or re-install firefox and it should work...until it
breaks again. I never got it to work permanently...along with other
issues with different sites, I stopped using it and just use IE.