I don't know how to describe it, but Windows Explorer isn't responding

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Scarsonwiki

I don't know how to describe it, but Windows Explorer isn't responding

Hey everyone,

I am new to this forum but I seem to have a big problem. Recently, my
Windows Explorer has been acting up. To put simply, I really don't know
how to describe it. I just can't do anything with it. I apologize for
how large the images are.

When my computer first boots up if I am very quick I can access it.

As you can see in image one:

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/8733/41718682.jpg

This is what I can get when my computer first boots, provided I am fast
enough.

HOWEVER

After a few minutes and I try to access "My Computer" THIS happens

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/4732/mycomputer.jpg

Notice how it is all white, and nothing is in the address bar. Notice
still, that it doesn't say "My Computer" like it should instead it says
"Windows Explorer." Even my search won't work and when I try to access
on of my folders from ">Start>All Programs" I can' acces any files
within.

When I try to acces something else, like "My Music"

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/880/musicuat.jpg

I get the same results.

I have found a TEMPRORARY solution, when I system restore to an earlier
point in time, the problem stops. HOWEVER, after an hour or two the
problem comes up again.

I need an answer ASAP, this is seriously affecting my school work.
Thank you.

--
Scarsonwiki
Scarsonwiki's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/90973.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Scarsonwiki

Re: I don't know how to describe it, but Windows Explorer isn't responding

Just a quick note:

I have also noticed that my HP Laptop becomes very slow when this
happens.

--
Scarsonwiki
Scarsonwiki's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/90973.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1163410.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Vanshaj Daga

Re: I don't know how to describe it, but Windows Explorer isn't re
firstly open windows in safe mode to do it when you start your computer press
F8 before windows logo comes and select safe mode. when logged in do not open
anything. Click start button and type msconfig and hit enter. goto startup
tab and disable everything suspicious and goto services tab and click hide
microsoft services and disable all shown here. Apply and close without
restart. now again click start and now type gpedit.msc and hit enter. Under
User configuration and administrative templates you will find "turn off auto
play" somewhere (do little search here) and double click on it and disable it
and apply and then close. Now restart your computer. And after restarting
your windows in normal mode install a good antivirus. Well i suggest Avira
Free antivirus. Its free and also providing good protection. I hope your
problem will be solved now.
--
Vanshaj Daga
vanshajdaga2002net@hotmail.com

"Scarsonwiki" wrote:

> Just a quick note:
>
> I have also noticed that my HP Laptop becomes very slow when this
> happens.
>

> --
> Scarsonwiki
> Scarsonwiki's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/90973.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1163410.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Vanshaj Daga

[...]
http://www.ak****agroup.co.cc

Noel Paton

Re: I don't know how to describe it, but Windows Explorer isn't responding
On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 20:18:44 +0530, Scarsonwiki
<Scarsonwiki.3qsmbc@DoNotSpam.com> wrote:

>Hey everyone,
>
>I am new to this forum but I seem to have a big problem. Recently, my
>Windows Explorer has been acting up. To put simply, I really don't know
>how to describe it. I just can't do anything with it. I apologize for
>how large the images are.

What is the Security Center warning you about? - No Antivirus?
people are reluctant to assist those who will not help themselves!
--
Noel Paton
www.crashfixpc.co.uk

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Noel Paton;4367023 Wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 20:18:44 +0530, Scarsonwiki
> <Scarsonwiki.3qsmbc@DoNotSpam.com> wrote:
>

> >Hey everyone,
> >
> >I am new to this forum but I seem to have a big problem. Recently, my
> >Windows Explorer has been acting up. To put simply, I really don't

> know
> >how to describe it. I just can't do anything with it. I apologize for
> >how large the images are.
> >

> What is the Security Center warning you about? - No Antivirus?
> people are reluctant to assist those who will not help themselves!
> --
> Noel Paton
> www.crashfixpc.co.uk
>
> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

It's just reminding me that User Account Control is off. I had to turn
it off because when I had a .zip file it wouldn't let me extract it.

Vanshaj Daga

I will try your technique tonight, I will let you know if it works.
Thank you!