Restrict logged on user access to resources on computer

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

mujra@mujra.com

Restrict logged on user access to resources on computer
Is is possible to restrict the Guest users access to only use for example firefox to surf on
internet?

And also want the user to not have access to the other drives like c: / d: and soo on

Is it possible to do that?

---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
http://www.saqib.biz/videos/HOT-Mujr...vBykSL2FM.aspx
(Mujra room)

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final
------------------- ----- ---- -- -

Andrew McLaren

Re: Restrict logged on user access to resources on computer
mujra@mujra.com wrote:
> Is is possible to restrict the Guest users access to only use for example firefox to surf on
> internet?
> And also want the user to not have access to the other drives like c: / d: and soo on
> Is it possible to do that?

Hi Mujra

Yes, you can do this for the Guest account, and indeed any other user
account on Windows, by using Software Restriction Policies. See:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc507878.aspx

Some additional info here:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/m...08.06.srp.aspx

Hope this helps,

Andrew

PS: With respect, you might want to change your moniker from "Microsoft
guru", considering the number of fairly basic questions you're asking in
this newsgroup. Asking questions is good! But to call yourself "guru"
at the same time, is inviting derision. I'm just saying ...

--
amclar at optusnet dot com dot au
Gene E. Bloch

On Wed, 08 Apr 2009 13:49:43 -0700, Andrew McLaren wrote:

> mujra@mujra.com wrote:
>> Is is possible to restrict the Guest users access to only use for example firefox to surf on
>> internet?
>> And also want the user to not have access to the other drives like c: / d: and soo on
>> Is it possible to do that?

> Hi Mujra
>
> Yes, you can do this for the Guest account, and indeed any other user
> account on Windows, by using Software Restriction Policies. See:
>
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc507878.aspx
>
> Some additional info here:
>
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/m...08.06.srp.aspx
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Andrew
>
> PS: With respect, you might want to change your moniker from "Microsoft
> guru", considering the number of fairly basic questions you're asking in
> this newsgroup. Asking questions is good! But to call yourself "guru"
> at the same time, is inviting derision. I'm just saying ...

Others have made the same suggestion.

I'm just sayin'

--
Gene E. Bloch letters0x40blochg0x2Ecom
Mike Torello

"Gene E. Bloch" <not-me@other.invalid> wrote:

>> PS: With respect, you might want to change your moniker from "Microsoft
>> guru", considering the number of fairly basic questions you're asking in
>> this newsgroup. Asking questions is good! But to call yourself "guru"
>> at the same time, is inviting derision. I'm just saying ...

>Others have made the same suggestion.

I suggested it be changed to "Microsoft Goof".

It seems to be a good fit.
Gene E. Bloch

On Wed, 08 Apr 2009 17:32:45 -0500, Mike Torello wrote:

> "Gene E. Bloch" <not-me@other.invalid> wrote:
>
>>> PS: With respect, you might want to change your moniker from "Microsoft
>>> guru", considering the number of fairly basic questions you're asking in
>>> this newsgroup. Asking questions is good! But to call yourself "guru"
>>> at the same time, is inviting derision. I'm just saying ...

>>Others have made the same suggestion.

> I suggested it be changed to "Microsoft Goof".
>
> It seems to be a good fit.

Works for me :-)

--
Gene E. Bloch letters0x40blochg0x2Ecom