ERROR LOADING DLL32

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

ChrisF

ERROR LOADING DLL32
Ok, I am using a Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop and have had nothing but trouble
the last few days after what I believe to have been some sort of virus on my
computer. I am using Windows Vista and have since downloaded Norton 2009 to
correct the problem. It cleaned up a few of the problems, but I cannot
access the internet via internet explorer at all. My computer shows a strong
connection, I just cant surf the web with internet explorer. Upon windows
starting up a box pops up and says Error loading dll32, I have been searching
online for a solution but its hard to get a clear cut answer.
Can someone please walk me throught the whole process step by step. Im sick
of calling Dell and having them bang me out for 100 bucks when crap like this
happens!
thanks

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: ERROR LOADING DLL32
Unfortunately, when you scan your computer with an antivirus program, it may
remove the virus files, but it cannot correct the damage already caused by the
interaction of the virus with your operating system files. I would strongly recommend
backing up your important files, then perform a "clean install" of Windows Vista.

How To Restore or Reinstall Microsoft Windows on a Dell Computer:
http://support.dell.com/support/topi...doclang=en&cs=

Afterward, visit Dell support and download and install the Dell Windows Vista drivers
for your specific Dell laptop model number.

Dell Support:
http://support.dell.com/

Then make sure to visit Windows Update and download the latest security updates and
then install your antivirus software program.

--
Visit the new Windows Vista Answers Forums:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/.../windowsvista/

"ChrisF" <u50729@uwe> wrote in message news:93b6f00ed3f25@uwe...
Ok, I am using a Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop and have had nothing but trouble
the last few days after what I believe to have been some sort of virus on my
computer. I am using Windows Vista and have since downloaded Norton 2009 to
correct the problem. It cleaned up a few of the problems, but I cannot
access the internet via internet explorer at all. My computer shows a strong
connection, I just cant surf the web with internet explorer. Upon windows
starting up a box pops up and says Error loading dll32, I have been searching
online for a solution but its hard to get a clear cut answer.
Can someone please walk me throught the whole process step by step. Im sick
of calling Dell and having them bang me out for 100 bucks when crap like this
happens!
thanks

DL

Re: ERROR LOADING DLL32
Try a sys restore to a point prior to the onset of any problems
You will likely have to reinstall / repair Norton

"ChrisF" <u50729@uwe> wrote in message news:93b6f00ed3f25@uwe...
> Ok, I am using a Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop and have had nothing but
> trouble
> the last few days after what I believe to have been some sort of virus on
> my
> computer. I am using Windows Vista and have since downloaded Norton 2009
> correct the problem. It cleaned up a few of the problems, but I cannot
> access the internet via internet explorer at all. My computer shows a
> strong
> connection, I just cant surf the web with internet explorer. Upon windows
> starting up a box pops up and says Error loading dll32, I have been
> searching
> online for a solution but its hard to get a clear cut answer.
> Can someone please walk me throught the whole process step by step. Im
> sick
> of calling Dell and having them bang me out for 100 bucks when crap like
> this
> happens!
> thanks

Michelle

Re: ERROR LOADING DLL32

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Unfortunately, when you scan your computer with an antivirus program, it may
> remove the virus files, but it cannot correct the damage already caused by the
> interaction of the virus with your operating system files. I would strongly recommend
> backing up your important files, then perform a "clean install" of Windows Vista.
>
> How To Restore or Reinstall Microsoft Windows on a Dell Computer:
> http://support.dell.com/support/topi...doclang=en&cs=
>
> Afterward, visit Dell support and download and install the Dell Windows Vista drivers
> for your specific Dell laptop model number.
>
> Dell Support:
> http://support.dell.com/
>
> Then make sure to visit Windows Update and download the latest security updates and
> then install your antivirus software program.
>

> --
> Visit the new Windows Vista Answers Forums:
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/.../windowsvista/
>

> "ChrisF" <u50729@uwe> wrote in message news:93b6f00ed3f25@uwe...
> Ok, I am using a Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop and have had nothing but trouble
> the last few days after what I believe to have been some sort of virus on my
> computer. I am using Windows Vista and have since downloaded Norton 2009 to
> correct the problem. It cleaned up a few of the problems, but I cannot
> access the internet via internet explorer at all. My computer shows a strong
> connection, I just cant surf the web with internet explorer. Upon windows
> starting up a box pops up and says Error loading dll32, I have been searching
> online for a solution but its hard to get a clear cut answer.
> Can someone please walk me throught the whole process step by step. Im sick
> of calling Dell and having them bang me out for 100 bucks when crap like this
> happens!
> thanks

Help I do not have a dell, I have a HP, and it didn't come with any disk? Do
I just do a system restore? My girls computers also are HP, and they have no
disk either? What do we do?? help I have vista, and they have XP. Please help
they can not get online, I can, I don't know why, but I am still getting that
error. they are getting that error, and can't get online at all. Please help
thanks
DL

Re: ERROR LOADING DLL32
Your PC will have a recovery partition, and if you look through your
paperwork it will probably tell you how to create the recovery dvd's
Or if you go to HP on line help it will tell you there
Is *important* that you create the dvd's

"Michelle" <Michelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately, when you scan your computer with an antivirus program, it
>> may
>> remove the virus files, but it cannot correct the damage already caused
>> by the
>> interaction of the virus with your operating system files. I would
>> strongly recommend
>> backing up your important files, then perform a "clean install" of
>> Windows Vista.
>>
>> How To Restore or Reinstall Microsoft Windows on a Dell Computer:
>> http://support.dell.com/support/topi...doclang=en&cs=
>>
>> Afterward, visit Dell support and download and install the Dell Windows
>> Vista drivers
>> for your specific Dell laptop model number.
>>
>> Dell Support:
>> http://support.dell.com/
>>
>> Then make sure to visit Windows Update and download the latest security
>> updates and
>> then install your antivirus software program.
>>

>> --
>> Visit the new Windows Vista Answers Forums:
>> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/.../windowsvista/
>>

>> "ChrisF" <u50729@uwe> wrote in message news:93b6f00ed3f25@uwe...
>> Ok, I am using a Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop and have had nothing but
>> trouble
>> the last few days after what I believe to have been some sort of virus on
>> my
>> computer. I am using Windows Vista and have since downloaded Norton 2009
>> correct the problem. It cleaned up a few of the problems, but I cannot
>> access the internet via internet explorer at all. My computer shows a
>> strong
>> connection, I just cant surf the web with internet explorer. Upon windows
>> starting up a box pops up and says Error loading dll32, I have been
>> searching
>> online for a solution but its hard to get a clear cut answer.
>> Can someone please walk me throught the whole process step by step. Im
>> sick
>> of calling Dell and having them bang me out for 100 bucks when crap like
>> this
>> happens!
>> thanks
>>

> Help I do not have a dell, I have a HP, and it didn't come with any disk?
> Do
> I just do a system restore? My girls computers also are HP, and they have
> no
> disk either? What do we do?? help I have vista, and they have XP. Please
> help
> they can not get online, I can, I don't know why, but I am still getting
> that
> error. they are getting that error, and can't get online at all. Please
> help
> thanks

James Kosin

Re: ERROR LOADING DLL32
Michelle wrote:

> Help I do not have a dell, I have a HP, and it didn't come with any disk? Do
> I just do a system restore? My girls computers also are HP, and they have no
> disk either? What do we do?? help I have vista, and they have XP. Please help
> they can not get online, I can, I don't know why, but I am still getting that
> error. they are getting that error, and can't get online at all. Please help
> thanks

Michelle,

You can also order the DVDs from HP for a small charge.

James