Solitaire Game is running in software rendering mode??

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Linda Gallego

Solitaire Game is running in software rendering mode??
I automatically had "Games" with my software that was included when I bought
my HP laptop. One of the games is solitaire. I have not been able to play
Solitaire for the last 2 weeks. I get the following message. "Hardware
accelerator is either disabled or not supported by your video card driver,
which could slow game performance. Make sure you have the latest video card
driver installed and that hardware accelerator is turned on." It also says
that the Software is running in software rendering mode.

What does this mean and how can I correct this. I cant play solitaire
anymore.

Can someone tell what steps or process I need to do??

thank you,
Linda

Rick Rogers

Re: Solitaire Game is running in software rendering mode??
Hi Linda,

If you open Device Manager (just type it into the search line), does it show
an error on the Display Adapter? It sounds like your system is loading a
standard VGA driver rather than the correct one for your video card. If you
can post the model of your system, I should be able to find a link to the
correct driver on HP's support site.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/