Time and date not staying current

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

vistabasicsucks

Time and date not staying current

results, please visit http://www.vistax64.com/showthread.php?t=212405
Question: Vista or XP wich do you like better?

- Vista
- XP

I have a Compaq laptop that has windows vista basic and the time and
date does not stay current even when it is turned on and running on ac
power, if i change date and time and do a internet time sync it updates
but only stays current for about 15 min or less any Ideas??? please
help

--
vistabasicsucks
Mike Torello

Re: Time and date not staying current
vistabasicsucks <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>I have a Compaq laptop that has windows vista basic and the time and
>date does not stay current even when it is turned on and running on ac
>power, if i change date and time and do a internet time sync it updates
>but only stays current for about 15 min or less any Ideas??? please
>help

Ignore ANY suggestion that you change the CMOS battery.

You will no doubt get several such suggestions and you can safely
conclude that anyone who tells you to change it is a bozo and is not
worthy of taking any future advice from.

As for what is causing your problem, it's something running on your
system and it might be difficult to find. I've not had such a
problem, but I've seen it referenced many a time and have yet to find
a consistent solution.
Rick Rogers

Re: Time and date not staying current
Hi,

Begin disabling software that loads at boot until it keeps proper time. This
would include antivirus software, which is often the culprit for this
occasional problem.

This is not a BIOS time issue, but rather a Windows one. Something installed
on the system is interfering with this.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/