Please Help! Multiple Desktop folder icons, cannot rid of!

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

maf2k8

Please Help! Multiple Desktop folder icons, cannot rid of!

Hello everyone, New member here with an issue that is driving me nuts!

My desktop is creating multiple desktop folders, Rather then the
C:\Users\Mark\Desktop i get the following

C:\Users\Mark\Desktop\Desktop\Desktop\Desktop\Desk top\Desktop\Desktop

I tried to delete them, but everytime i restart they all come back and
if i am not mistaken on this one, each time i delete one and restart
another one gets added to the list! These things keep growing!

I noticed this when i was downloading files from the net and i always
have my downloads go to my desktop, well the downloads were not there! I
clicked on my used folder i have on my desktop and there are 2 folders
in the both names Desktop, One is a BLue folder and the other is a
yellow one. I had to click on the yellow one like 8 times in order to
get to the files i downloaded.

The blue one, is only a single desktop folder with no other folders in
it and no other files and cannot be deleted neither ( well it can but
pops back up on restart)

i searched google high and low and found only a few topics but nothing
that has solved the problem. Someone said it might be a virus, but i
highly doubt it since i scan my system all the time and never download
from unknown sites and such.

Any help would be great on this!!

Windows Vista Home Premium 64

--
maf2k8
Brink

Re: Please Help! Multiple Desktop folder icons, cannot rid of!

maf2k8;972910 Wrote:
> Hello everyone, New member here with an issue that is driving me nuts!
>
> My desktop is creating multiple desktop folders, Rather then the
> C:\Users\Mark\Desktop i get the following
>
> C:\Users\Mark\Desktop\Desktop\Desktop\Desktop\Desk top\Desktop\Desktop
>
> I tried to delete them, but everytime i restart they all come back and
> if i am not mistaken on this one, each time i delete one and restart
> another one gets added to the list! These things keep growing!
>
> I noticed this when i was downloading files from the net and i always
> have my downloads go to my desktop, well the downloads were not there! I
> clicked on my used folder i have on my desktop and there are 2 folders
> in the both names Desktop, One is a BLue folder and the other is a
> yellow one. I had to click on the yellow one like 8 times in order to
> get to the files i downloaded.
>
> The blue one, is only a single desktop folder with no other folders in
> it and no other files and cannot be deleted neither ( well it can but
> pops back up on restart)
>
> i searched google high and low and found only a few topics but nothing
> that has solved the problem. Someone said it might be a virus, but i
> highly doubt it since i scan my system all the time and never download
> from unknown sites and such.
>
> Any help would be great on this!!
>
> Windows Vista Home Premium 64

Hello Maf2k8,

Save anything you want to keep in those folders to another location,
then delete all of the "Desktop" folders. Afterwards, use METHOD THREE
in the tutorial below to make sure that the "Desktop" folder has the
default location set for it.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/14...ng-folder.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn