%appdata%\

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

pristock230

%appdata%\

I need help! So I am trying to uninstall iTunes and re install it and
when I try to do it it keeps telling me that it cannot access network
location %APPDATA%\.

To give you some backgroud we recently had to ininstall and reinstall
our anti virus software (that is a whole other story).

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?

--
pristock230
Not Even Me

Re: %appdata%\
is the install or uninstall giving that message?

normally you would download the installer, when download is completed, click
open folder, then right click the installer and select run as administrator

"pristock230" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I need help! So I am trying to uninstall iTunes and re install it and
> when I try to do it it keeps telling me that it cannot access network
> location %APPDATA%\.
>
> To give you some backgroud we recently had to ininstall and reinstall
> our anti virus software (that is a whole other story).
>
> Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?
>

> --
> pristock230

pristock230

Re: %appdata%\

Both - we can't unistall the program to even reistall it.

--
pristock230
Dave

Re: %appdata%\
\appdata is a hidden folder under your Vista login account.
It should be located at C:\Users\(youraccount)\AppData

Have you moved your user folder?

--
Windows 7 beta
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

> Both - we can't unistall the program to even reistall it.
>

> --
> pristock230

pristock230

Re: %appdata%\

it says that it can't be found or has been moved.

We recently had to reinstall our anti virus, they had a problem
reinstalling 1 version so they needed to reinstall another

--
pristock230
tweakvista

Re: %appdata%\

Open any folder and go to: -tools -*>* -folder options -*>*- View -*>*-
Check "Show Hidden Files And Folders.

Then apply the settings and go to C:\Users\YOURNAME\ and see if there
is a folder called. "Appdata".

-Alternatively you can go to a folder address bar and key in: "
C:\users\yourname\Appdata" and see if it's there.

Please note: "C:\" can be changed with your windows installation HDD
path and "yourname" should be your windows username.

--
tweakvista

'tweakvista - video blog'
(http://tweakvista-videochannel.blogspot.com/)

'tweakvista metacafe channel'
(http://www.metacafe.com/channels/tweakvista/)
pristock230

Re: %appdata%\

it still says that windows cannot find the file

--
pristock230
pristock230

Re: %appdata%\

wait I was able to find it but there are 3 folders in there; Local,
LocalLow and roaming. so if the folder is there why is iTunes saying it
can't find it

--
pristock230
NotEvenMe

Re: %appdata%\
it could be the subfolder dealing with itunes was removed or is corrupted.

> wait I was able to find it but there are 3 folders in there; Local,
> LocalLow and roaming. so if the folder is there why is iTunes saying it
> can't find it
>

> --
> pristock230

Gene E. Bloch

Re: %appdata%\
On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 13:47:46 -0600, pristock230 wrote:

> wait I was able to find it but there are 3 folders in there; Local,
> LocalLow and roaming. so if the folder is there why is iTunes saying it
> can't find it

You sure make it confusing by not quoting what you're replying to ...

Meantime, I think it's odd that your error message is "can't find
%appdate%\" - normally I would expect to see "can't find C:\Users\User
Name\AppData\Roaming\", i.e., the meaning of the variable would be
expanded. That makes me think that there's some funny thing going on,
perhaps related to the virus software problem you mentioned.

Open up a command window and run the command "echo %appdata%" (without the
quote marks) and see if you get something like what I typed above. I
suspect you won't.

--
Gene E. Bloch letters0x40blochg0x2Ecom