Turn Windows features on or off - empty list

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Zalewa

Turn Windows features on or off - empty list
Hi all,
I'd like enable .Net 3 in my Vista Business but List of features in Control
Panel->Programs and Features-->Turn Windows feature on or off is empty. Does
anybody know how to restore it?
Thanks.
--
Zalewa
Eric

Re: Turn Windows features on or off - empty list
On Feb 12, 9:04*am, Zalewa <Zal...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'd like enable .Net 3 in my Vista Business but List of features in Control
> Panel->Programs and Features-->Turn Windows feature on or off is empty. Does
> anybody know how to restore it?
> Thanks.
> --
> Zalewa

The "Windows Features" dialog box is empty in Windows Vista, or you
receive an error message that includes the following code when you try
to use Windows Update: "0x80073712" -

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931712

Eric,
PC Buyer Beware!
http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/
Zalewa

Re: Turn Windows features on or off - empty list
Yes I read this article but 1st solutions doesn't work for me (Windows
Protection didn't find any integrity violation) and 2nd doesn't apply to my
situation because my last restore point has this problem as well.
Any other ideas?
--
Zalewa

"Eric" wrote:

> On Feb 12, 9:04 am, Zalewa <Zal...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I'd like enable .Net 3 in my Vista Business but List of features in Control
> > Panel->Programs and Features-->Turn Windows feature on or off is empty. Does
> > anybody know how to restore it?
> > Thanks.
> > --
> > Zalewa

> The "Windows Features" dialog box is empty in Windows Vista, or you
> receive an error message that includes the following code when you try
> to use Windows Update: "0x80073712" -
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931712
>
> Eric,
> PC Buyer Beware!
> http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/

dm

Turn Windows features on or off - empty list
You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

Posted as a reply to:

Turn Windows features on or off - empty list

Hi all,
I'd like enable .Net 3 in my Vista Business but List of features in Control
Panel->Programs and Features-->Turn Windows feature on or off is empty. Does
anybody know how to restore it?
Thanks.
--
Zalewa

WCF Workflow Services Using External Data Exchange
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...vices-usi.aspx

dm

Turn Windows features on or off
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...-606836dcfabb/

Resolution -

1) If you are receiving the "Low Registry Space" error, set the Registry Size Limit to "unlimited":

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Contro l
Key: RegistrySizeLimit
Type: REG_DWORD
Value: 0xffffff (4294967295)

2) Reboot

3) As a Administrator open a Command Prompt and run "SFC /SCANNOW". The command should complete successfully and if any errors were found, they should be corrected.

This was posted on the ESRI forums, from someone who noticed that Visual Studio 2008 was related to the error. Personally I'm not sure if it was VS, or just installing the .net framework. Here's the link for more chatter on the topic... http://forums.esri.com/Thread.asp?c=93&f=1148&t=287391

Posted as a reply to:

Turn Windows features on or off - empty list

You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

WCF Workflow Services Using External Data Exchange
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...vices-usi.aspx
Tim Slattery

dm wrote:

>You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in
> or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

What in the world does this refer to? This is a publicly accessible
newsgroup, you don't have to be a member of anything to use it.

--
Tim Slattery
MS MVP(Shell/User)
Peter Foldes

Re: Turn Windows features on or off - empty list
Tim

It is all over the MS newsgroups. Something changed at EggHeadCafe . It is a pain
and I myself do not understand it either.
All the 62 MS newsgroups that I frequent has the same thing going on.

--
Peter

"Tim Slattery" <Slattery_T@bls.gov> wrote in message
> dm wrote:
>
>>You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in
>> or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

> What in the world does this refer to? This is a publicly accessible
> newsgroup, you don't have to be a member of anything to use it.
>
> --
> Tim Slattery
> MS MVP(Shell/User)
> Slattery_T@bls.gov
> http://members.cox.net/slatteryt

Jim Moriarty

"Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Tim
>
>It is all over the MS newsgroups. Something changed at EggHeadCafe . It is a pain
>and I myself do not understand it either.
>All the 62 MS newsgroups that I frequent has the same thing going on.

And it may be a long time before it's fixed: EggHeadCafe is the source
of all those disembodied messages that occasionally popped into these
groups a year or so ago.