Can't install Network printer

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

=?Utf-8?B?UmljY2k=?=

Can't install Network printer
Running Vista Business and I’m trying to install a network printer, after
clicking on add printer then add network / wireless or blue tooth printer
in Add Printer it starts searching for network printers but after a few
seconds an error message pops saying Windows Explorer has stopped working,
followed by Windows Explorer is restarting. I’m a Windows 2003 network using
a Domain
Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

Re: Can't install Network printer
Instead of Vista searching for the printer, have you tried adding it
manually? Click "The Printer I want isn't listed" button > select the
"Select a shared printer by name" radio box. type in the
\\domainname\printername
--
Andre
Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
"Ricci" <Ricci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Running Vista Business and I'm trying to install a network printer, after
> clicking on add printer then add network / wireless or blue tooth
> printer
> in Add Printer it starts searching for network printers but after a few
> seconds an error message pops saying Windows Explorer has stopped working,
> followed by Windows Explorer is restarting. I'm a Windows 2003 network
> using
> a Domain

=?Utf-8?B?UmljY2k=?=

Re: Can't install Network printer
No, I can't even get to the point where that is an option.
Thanks though.

"Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]" wrote:

> Instead of Vista searching for the printer, have you tried adding it
> manually? Click "The Printer I want isn't listed" button > select the
> "Select a shared printer by name" radio box. type in the
> \\domainname\printername
> --
> Andre
> Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
> My Vista Quickstart Guide:
> http://adacosta.spaces.live.com/blog...3DB!9709.entry
> "Ricci" <Ricci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Running Vista Business and I'm trying to install a network printer, after
> > clicking on add printer then add network / wireless or blue tooth
> > printer
> > in Add Printer it starts searching for network printers but after a few
> > seconds an error message pops saying Windows Explorer has stopped working,
> > followed by Windows Explorer is restarting. I'm a Windows 2003 network
> > using
> > a Domain

David

RE: Can't install Network printer
Ricci,

I had the SAME problem... When you click on 'Add Printer'... it starts, and
3 seconds after you choose a "Network Printer"... Windows Explorer crashes.
How I got around this was by adding a LOCAL printer, and choosing TCP/IP...
then telling Vista the IP address of the printer, then selecting the
driver... it works, but it's a PAIN in the rear!!! I am running Windows
Vista Ultimate, and the BETA version that I did have saw ALL my printers on
the network without issue.. wonder what the brains at Mickeysoft changed???

David