Windows Explorer (explorer.exe) freezes at startup

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Brandon Taylor

Windows Explorer (explorer.exe) freezes at startup
Every time I start or restart Windows, the Windows Explorer process
("explorer.exe") crashes. After I click on the Windows taskbar enough times,
Windows tells me that "Windows Explorer is not responding" and gives me the
option to restart, close, or wait. I click "Restart the program" and
everything works fine the second time around. What's the issue here?

Brandon Taylor
CBoom

Re: Windows Explorer (explorer.exe) freezes at startup
Read this solution
http://computerboom.blogspot.com/200...n-several.html

please leave feedback if it helps you!

also download this and scan your pc for spyware

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

free

--
For tips, tricks and tutorials visit my blog below:

"Brandon Taylor" <Brandon Taylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Every time I start or restart Windows, the Windows Explorer process
> ("explorer.exe") crashes. After I click on the Windows taskbar enough
> times,
> Windows tells me that "Windows Explorer is not responding" and gives me
> the
> option to restart, close, or wait. I click "Restart the program" and
> everything works fine the second time around. What's the issue here?
>
> Brandon Taylor

Brandon Taylor

Re: Windows Explorer (explorer.exe) freezes at startup
Thanks, I just went through Windows Defender and turned off most of the
startup programs, and now Windows Explorer is all well and good.

"CBoom" wrote:

> Read this solution
> http://computerboom.blogspot.com/200...n-several.html
>
> please leave feedback if it helps you!
>
> also download this and scan your pc for spyware
>
> http://www.malwarebytes.org/
>
> free
>
> --
> For tips, tricks and tutorials visit my blog below:
> http://computerboom.blogspot.com
>
> "Brandon Taylor" <Brandon Taylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Every time I start or restart Windows, the Windows Explorer process
> > ("explorer.exe") crashes. After I click on the Windows taskbar enough
> > times,
> > Windows tells me that "Windows Explorer is not responding" and gives me
> > the
> > option to restart, close, or wait. I click "Restart the program" and
> > everything works fine the second time around. What's the issue here?
> >
> > Brandon Taylor

Peter Foldes

Re: Windows Explorer (explorer.exe) freezes at startup
You are not out the woods yet.Chances are that you're seeing the affects of a
hijackware infection

Run Malwarebytes and Superantispyware along with MSRT

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

SuperAntiSpyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/down...NTISPYWAREFREE

MSRT