Need to install DX 9.0c

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

drybones

Need to install DX 9.0c
Installed older program in my Vista 64 bit Home Premium and it requires DX
9.0c to run.

I attempted to download and run MS DX 9.0c and the DX 9.0c program wants to
know what folder to install into.

I have not the slightest idea what folder DX 9.0c is looking for, or needing
to be install into.

Would some kind person please instruct this old person how to install DX
9.0c in Vista?

--
Barron AKA drybones

Andrew Murray

Re: Need to install DX 9.0c
As far as I would assume, the installation is just asking you to specify a
folder (any folder) to install DX9 to.

So the location in this case, for example, it might be:
C:\Programs\DirectX9.

I don't believe it has to be any specific folder. If the folder doesn't
exist, the installer should create the folder and proceed with the install.

"drybones" <drybones@charter.net> wrote in message
> Installed older program in my Vista 64 bit Home Premium and it requires DX
> 9.0c to run.
>
> I attempted to download and run MS DX 9.0c and the DX 9.0c program wants
> to know what folder to install into.
>
> I have not the slightest idea what folder DX 9.0c is looking for, or
> needing to be install into.
>
> Would some kind person please instruct this old person how to install DX
> 9.0c in Vista?
>
> --
> Barron AKA drybones

Bender

Re: Need to install DX 9.0c
Maybe the program is a compressed download and it wants a folder to
uncompress its contents to and then run the setup program for directX from
there. If that is the case, any temporary folder will do.

"drybones" <drybones@charter.net> wrote in message
> Installed older program in my Vista 64 bit Home Premium and it requires DX
> 9.0c to run.
>
> I attempted to download and run MS DX 9.0c and the DX 9.0c program wants
> to know what folder to install into.
>
> I have not the slightest idea what folder DX 9.0c is looking for, or
> needing to be install into.
>
> Would some kind person please instruct this old person how to install DX
> 9.0c in Vista?
>
> --
> Barron AKA drybones

Ian D

Re: Need to install DX 9.0c

"drybones" <drybones@charter.net> wrote in message
> Installed older program in my Vista 64 bit Home Premium and it requires DX
> 9.0c to run.
>
> I attempted to download and run MS DX 9.0c and the DX 9.0c program wants
> to know what folder to install into.
>
> I have not the slightest idea what folder DX 9.0c is looking for, or
> needing to be install into.
>
> Would some kind person please instruct this old person how to install DX
> 9.0c in Vista?
>
> --
> Barron AKA drybones

If you downloaded the DX9C exe file, it's asking what folder to be
extracted into. I download each release of DX into its own folder
then create a sub-folder in that folder called Expanded. Then I
extract the DX files into that folder, so all files for each release are
together. To install DX9C you run DXSETUP from where you
extracted to files to. It will then update your system DX files as
required.

drybones

Re: Need to install DX 9.0c

"Ian D" <taurus@nowhere.com> wrote in message

> "drybones" <drybones@charter.net> wrote in message
>> Installed older program in my Vista 64 bit Home Premium and it requires
>> DX 9.0c to run.
>>
>> I attempted to download and run MS DX 9.0c and the DX 9.0c program wants
>> to know what folder to install into.
>>
>> I have not the slightest idea what folder DX 9.0c is looking for, or
>> needing to be install into.
>>
>> Would some kind person please instruct this old person how to install DX
>> 9.0c in Vista?
>>
>> --
>> Barron AKA drybones

> If you downloaded the DX9C exe file, it's asking what folder to be
> extracted into. I download each release of DX into its own folder
> then create a sub-folder in that folder called Expanded. Then I
> extract the DX files into that folder, so all files for each release are
> together. To install DX9C you run DXSETUP from where you
> extracted to files to. It will then update your system DX files as
> required.

Okay and thanks,

Will give it a good try later tonight or tomorrow.

Many thanks,

db

drybones

Re: Need to install DX 9.0c

> "Ian D" <taurus@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "drybones" <drybones@charter.net> wrote in message
>>> Installed older program in my Vista 64 bit Home Premium and it requires
>>> DX 9.0c to run.
>>>
>>> I attempted to download and run MS DX 9.0c and the DX 9.0c program wants
>>> to know what folder to install into.
>>>
>>> I have not the slightest idea what folder DX 9.0c is looking for, or
>>> needing to be install into.
>>>
>>> Would some kind person please instruct this old person how to install DX
>>> 9.0c in Vista?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Barron AKA drybones

>> If you downloaded the DX9C exe file, it's asking what folder to be
>> extracted into. I download each release of DX into its own folder
>> then create a sub-folder in that folder called Expanded. Then I
>> extract the DX files into that folder, so all files for each release are
>> together. To install DX9C you run DXSETUP from where you
>> extracted to files to. It will then update your system DX files as
>> required.
>>

> Okay and thanks,
>
> Will give it a good try later tonight or tomorrow.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> db

Worked like a charm

Thanks

db

James Matthews

Re: Need to install DX 9.0c
You should be able to find it within windows update

--

http://www.goldwatches.com/