Automatic sleep mode does not work anymore

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

marnix_moed

Automatic sleep mode does not work anymore
I have my vista computer automatically set to sleep mode after 20 minutes of
inactivity.

Now it suddenly does not work anymore. I have not installed new programs,
only turned on the processor meter sidebar.

Does anyone know what the problem might ben and how to solve this?

Grt,
Tyro

Re: Automatic sleep mode does not work anymore
Check your settings. Start/Control Panel/System and Maintenance/Power
Options/appropriate Plan Settings.

Tyro

"marnix_moed" <marnixmoed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have my vista computer automatically set to sleep mode after 20 minutes
> of
> inactivity.
>
> Now it suddenly does not work anymore. I have not installed new programs,
> only turned on the processor meter sidebar.
>
> Does anyone know what the problem might ben and how to solve this?
>
> Grt,

Night Hawk

Re: Automatic sleep mode does not work anymore

I've seen the display go into standby after being away from the system
for several minutes when having everything set to never.

Sometimes the defaults are reset by Windows after several system
shutdowns and startups where you have to go into the control panel>power
options to create and save a custom plan to keep things from being
reset.

Give that a try to see if that helps you there.

--
Night Hawk
Night Hawk

marnix_moed;929647 Wrote:
> I have my vista computer automatically set to sleep mode after 20
> minutes of
> inactivity.
>
> Now it suddenly does not work anymore. I have not installed new
> programs,
> only turned on the processor meter sidebar.
>
> Does anyone know what the problem might ben and how to solve this?
>
> Grt,

I've seen that happen on several occasions where the display would go
into standby when having the settings set to never. The one thing that
seems to keep the settings from being reset to the defaults over a
period of time is creating a custom power plan and saving changes while
in the control panel>power options section.

--
Night Hawk
westendboy

Re: Automatic sleep mode does not work anymore

This is the only fix for this problem that worked for me. Thanks to
Night Hawk for his suggestion.

--
westendboy
Michael

"westendboy" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> This is the only fix for this problem that worked for me. Thanks to
> Night Hawk for his suggestion.
>

> --
> westendboy

....and what fix would this be? Because you copied nothing from the original
post we have no idea who you're replying to or WTF you're talking about.
--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.