Cannot update Java or verify current version

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

normviv73

Cannot update Java or verify current version
I am unable to update Java (JRE6) from update 7 to update 11 on IE7 (Vista
Ultimate SP1). Even the stand alone installer for update 11 will not run
after I give it UAC permission. I have followed all of the Java
troubleshooting instuctions and am confident that all my IE7 and Java
(Control Panel) settings are correct. Even the Java "Verify Installation" is
unable to detect that I have JRE6 update7 installed. This "Verify" runs but
does not finish.

I have searched this Vista Discussion Group but cannot find anything related
to this type of problem.

Is there an MVP out there with a suggestion or, better, a solution?

Norman Castel

normviv73

RE: Cannot update Java or verify current version

"normviv73" wrote:

> I am unable to update Java (JRE6) from update 7 to update 11 on IE7 (Vista
> Ultimate SP1). Even the stand alone installer for update 11 will not run
> after I give it UAC permission. I have followed all of the Java
> troubleshooting instuctions and am confident that all my IE7 and Java
> (Control Panel) settings are correct. Even the Java "Verify Installation" is
> unable to detect that I have JRE6 update7 installed. This "Verify" runs but
> does not finish.
>
> I have searched this Vista Discussion Group but cannot find anything related
> to this type of problem.
>
> Is there an MVP out there with a suggestion or, better, a solution?
>
> Norman Castel

Additionally, I cannot delete or uninstall Java as it does not appear on the
Programs list in Control Panel or in the Windows Installer Clean Up utility.
I have taken ownership of the Java folder and subcontainers but I am still
not permitted to uninstall it.

Norman Castel

Jeffrey

RE: Cannot update Java or verify current version
I have also encounter this problem since my first day of using Vista. Up till
now it has been about 2 yrs and I have yet to solved this problem too.
Please, anyone who has the answer and kind enough to give it, please help.
Please do not ask me to switch off account user or firewall.
I have tried everything and it still doesn't works.
note* this problem does not only happens on Java, it also happens to many
3rd party software which requires automatic updating.

Jeffrey