Internet Explorer has stopped working

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Allan J. Behr

Internet Explorer has stopped working
I continually get notified that "Internet Expoloer has stopped
working"...some times I then get the notice that it has restarted. What is
happening. I will do this almost all the time when I try to close the
program...system then hangs some of the time.

lewy

Re: Internet Explorer has stopped working
i have similar problem.

"Allan J. Behr" <ajbehr@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>I continually get notified that "Internet Expoloer has stopped
>working"...some times I then get the notice that it has restarted. What is
>happening. I will do this almost all the time when I try to close the
>program...system then hangs some of the time.

Roscoe

Re: Internet Explorer has stopped working
Time to install Firefox boys.

"lewy" <lewy87@gmail.com> wrote in message
>i have similar problem.
>
> "Allan J. Behr" <ajbehr@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>I continually get notified that "Internet Expoloer has stopped
>>working"...some times I then get the notice that it has restarted. What
>>is happening. I will do this almost all the time when I try to close the
>>program...system then hangs some of the time.

Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

Re: Internet Explorer has stopped working
Try resetting Internet Explorer settings, Open Control Panel > Internet
Options > Advanced (tab) > under " Reset Internet Explorer settings, click
"Reset".
--
Andre
Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
"Allan J. Behr" <ajbehr@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>I continually get notified that "Internet Expoloer has stopped
>working"...some times I then get the notice that it has restarted. What is
>happening. I will do this almost all the time when I try to close the
>program...system then hangs some of the time.

Michael Jennings

Re: Internet Explorer has stopped working
Start > Help > Type in " Reinstall Internet Explorer " (without the quotes)
You'll get 60 results - start with the first - Repair Internet Explorer.
There doesn't seem to be a way, anymore, to reinstall just IE7 in Vista -
you'd have to reinstall the OS - but asking for it doubles the Help hits.

"Allan J. Behr" <ajbehr@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>I continually get notified that "Internet Expoloer has stopped
>working"...some times I then get the notice that it has restarted. What is
>happening. I will do this almost all the time when I try to close the
>program...system then hangs some of the time.

Mhzjunkie

Re: Internet Explorer has stopped working
Allan J. Behr spewed out this bit, and i'll scatter a few bits myself:

> I continually get notified that "Internet Expoloer has stopped
> working"...some times I then get the notice that it has restarted. What is
> happening. I will do this almost all the time when I try to
> close the program...system then hangs some of the time.

It's probably an Add-on/Plug-in causing your grief. Start it with Add on's
disabled and see what you come up with.

--
Mhzjunkie

1 PRINT "Windows XP ERROR"
GOTO 1
END

Allan J. Behr

Re: Internet Explorer has stopped working
Seems to have resolved the problem I was having. Thank you very much.

"Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]" <andred25@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Try resetting Internet Explorer settings, Open Control Panel > Internet
> Options > Advanced (tab) > under " Reset Internet Explorer settings, click
> "Reset".
> --
> Andre
> Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
> My Vista Quickstart Guide:
> http://adacosta.spaces.live.com/blog...3DB!9709.entry
> "Allan J. Behr" <ajbehr@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>I continually get notified that "Internet Expoloer has stopped
>>working"...some times I then get the notice that it has restarted. What
>>is happening. I will do this almost all the time when I try to close the
>>program...system then hangs some of the time.

Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

Re: Internet Explorer has stopped working
You are welcome.
--
> Seems to have resolved the problem I was having. Thank you very much.
>
> "Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]" <andred25@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Try resetting Internet Explorer settings, Open Control Panel > Internet
>> Options > Advanced (tab) > under " Reset Internet Explorer settings,
>> click "Reset".
>> --
>> Andre
>> Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
>> My Vista Quickstart Guide:
>> http://adacosta.spaces.live.com/blog...3DB!9709.entry
>> "Allan J. Behr" <ajbehr@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>>I continually get notified that "Internet Expoloer has stopped
>>>working"...some times I then get the notice that it has restarted. What
>>>is happening. I will do this almost all the time when I try to close the
>>>program...system then hangs some of the time.

Chad Harris

Re: Internet Explorer has stopped working
There was never a way to just reinstall IE6 in Win XP--unless reinstalling
XP SP2 would have helped. There were many ways to try to repair it
including but not limited to SFC and rereging .dlls via regsvr32 and a spate
of MSKBs on IE connection/functionality problems.

CH

"Michael Jennings" <metarhyme@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Start > Help > Type in " Reinstall Internet Explorer " (without the
> quotes)
> You'll get 60 results - start with the first - Repair Internet Explorer.
> There doesn't seem to be a way, anymore, to reinstall just IE7 in Vista -
> you'd have to reinstall the OS - but asking for it doubles the Help hits.
>
> "Allan J. Behr" <ajbehr@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>I continually get notified that "Internet Expoloer has stopped
>>working"...some times I then get the notice that it has restarted. What
>>is happening. I will do this almost all the time when I try to close the
>>program...system then hangs some of the time.

Michael Jennings

Re: Internet Explorer has stopped working
I suppose it depends upon which XP you mean. The reinstall is in the KB
for XP SP1 and earlier - modify the "is installed" bit to zero:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;Q318378