create a function key

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

keepout@yahoo.com.invalid

create a function key
The helps aren't very helpful on this.
I have a HP extended PS/2 keyboard. It has 12 F keys, What I'd like to dois
stick some text with [enter] into F12. my UAC password is extremely long.And
even if were only 1 character, I'd like to have it on a Fkey.

How do I program the F12 key for text[ENTER] ?

bdog

Re: create a function key
keepout@yahoo.com.invalid wrote in

> The helps aren't very helpful on this.
> I have a HP extended PS/2 keyboard. It has 12 F keys, What I'd like to
> do is stick some text with [enter] into F12. my UAC password is
> extremely long. And even if were only 1 character, I'd like to have it
> on a Fkey.
>
> How do I program the F12 key for text[ENTER] ?

Superkeys is a free program and is easy to use.
www.yellowsoft.com
Stubbo of Oz

Re: create a function key
On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 13:43:05 -0500, keepout@yahoo.com.invalid wrote:

>The helps aren't very helpful on this.
>I have a HP extended PS/2 keyboard. It has 12 F keys, What I'd like to do is
>stick some text with [enter] into F12. my UAC password is extremely long. And
>even if were only 1 character, I'd like to have it on a Fkey.
>
>How do I program the F12 key for text[ENTER] ?

HotkeyP is my choice for this sort of thing.

AFAIK it is freeware

Get it here:-

http://sweb.cz/petr.lastovicka/others.html

--
----------------
Stubbo of Oz
keepout@yahoo.com.invalid

Re: create a function key
On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 21:59:49 GMT, bdog <bd@op.net> wrote:

>keepout@yahoo.com.invalid wrote in
>news:avhfl4pu14aatosb8r648s9170obs861ak@4ax.com :
>
>> The helps aren't very helpful on this.
>> I have a HP extended PS/2 keyboard. It has 12 F keys, What I'd like to
>> do is stick some text with [enter] into F12. my UAC password is
>> extremely long. And even if were only 1 character, I'd like to have it
>> on a Fkey.
>>
>> How do I program the F12 key for text[ENTER] ?
>>

>Superkeys is a free program and is easy to use.
>www.yellowsoft.com

Wrong language. I have no idea how to navigate that site.
keepout@yahoo.com.invalid

Re: create a function key
On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 10:19:06 +1100, Stubbo of Oz <stubbo@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 13:43:05 -0500, keepout@yahoo.com.invalid wrote:
>
>>The helps aren't very helpful on this.
>>I have a HP extended PS/2 keyboard. It has 12 F keys, What I'd like to do is
>>stick some text with [enter] into F12. my UAC password is extremely long. And
>>even if were only 1 character, I'd like to have it on a Fkey.
>>
>>How do I program the F12 key for text[ENTER] ?

>HotkeyP is my choice for this sort of thing.
>
>AFAIK it is freeware
>
>Get it here:-
>
>http://sweb.cz/petr.lastovicka/others.html

You're kidding on this page right ?

>sweb.cz/petr.lastovicka/others.html may cause a breach of browser security.
>
>Why were you redirected to this page? When we tested, this site attempted to make unauthorized changes to our test PC by exploiting a browser security vulnerability. This is a serious security threat which could lead to an infection of your PC.

Stubbo of Oz

Re: create a function key
On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 19:00:11 -0500, keepout@yahoo.com.invalid wrote:

>On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 10:19:06 +1100, Stubbo of Oz <stubbo@invalid.invalid>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 13:43:05 -0500, keepout@yahoo.com.invalid wrote:
>>
>>>The helps aren't very helpful on this.
>>>I have a HP extended PS/2 keyboard. It has 12 F keys, What I'd like to do is
>>>stick some text with [enter] into F12. my UAC password is extremely long. And
>>>even if were only 1 character, I'd like to have it on a Fkey.
>>>
>>>How do I program the F12 key for text[ENTER] ?

>>HotkeyP is my choice for this sort of thing.
>>
>>AFAIK it is freeware
>>
>>Get it here:-
>>
>>http://sweb.cz/petr.lastovicka/others.html

>You're kidding on this page right ?
>

>>sweb.cz/petr.lastovicka/others.html may cause a breach of browser security.
>>
>>Why were you redirected to this page? When we tested, this site attempted to make unauthorized changes to our test PC by exploiting a browser security vulnerability. This is a serious security threat which could lead to an infection of your PC.

No kidding - no problem when I access it.

The top item on the page is:-

HotkeyP - hotkeyp.zip (160 kB), C++ source code 6/14/2008
You can assign a keyboard shortcut, a mouse shortcut or a joystick
shortcut to any executable file, document, folder or WWW page. You can
also use all multimedia keys, the fourth and fifth mouse buttons and a
remote control (if you install WinLIRC). Other commands are: change
keys in other applications, shutdown, restart, lock computer, start a
screen saver, change the desktop resolution, set window opacity, audio
volume, set process priorities, terminate applications, eject CD, set
CD speed, show disk free space, empty the recycle bin, delete
temporary files, change desktop wallpaper, save/restore desktop icons
positions, minimize any application to the system tray, hide window,
change window transparency, zoom tool, screenshot to BMP file, set
window always on top, paste date/time or any text, ...

The download link is:-

http://sweb.cz/petr.lastovicka/hotkeyp.zip

I have just downloaded it again and virus check was clean.

It is also mentioned on this site:-

http://freesofwaredownload.blogspot....p-sofware.html

but the download link is the same as above.

--
----------------
Stubbo of Oz
bdog

Re: create a function key

>>www.yellowsoft.com

Sorry, that was vellosoft.

Here is a download page:
http://www.download.com/3001-2094_4-
10237773.html?spi=da1fe67e46120ab6c7ced89acfa5b122
keepout@yahoo.com.invalid

Re: create a function key
On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 12:31:04 +1100, Stubbo of Oz <stubbo@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 19:00:11 -0500, keepout@yahoo.com.invalid wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 10:19:06 +1100, Stubbo of Oz <stubbo@invalid.invalid>
>>wrote:

>>>HotkeyP is my choice for this sort of thing.
>>>
>>>AFAIK it is freeware
>>>
>>>Get it here:-
>>>
>>>http://sweb.cz/petr.lastovicka/others.html

>>You're kidding on this page right ?
>>

>>>sweb.cz/petr.lastovicka/others.html may cause a breach of browser security.
>>>
>>>Why were you redirected to this page? When we tested, this site attempted to make unauthorized changes to our test PC by exploiting a browser security vulnerability. This is a serious security threat which could lead to an infection of your PC.

>No kidding - no problem when I access it.

I just started using the Mcaffee virus program. Glad it's a trial. But italso
raises another question..
It's hung on scanning an exe/rar 800mb, I tried opening it with rar. Rar hung.
which makes me ask what did Norton and trend do with this file ? They should
have also hung if the program that created it can't even open it.
It can probably run and extract. I know cause I installed it ages ago.

Actually there's several questions I have about this new virus tool from
Mcaffee..

I finally found this thing on another web site. just haven't had a chanceto
look at it.
keepout@yahoo.com.invalid

Re: create a function key
On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 06:54:54 GMT, bdog <bd@op.net> wrote:

>10237773.html?spi=da1fe67e46120ab6c7ced89acfa5b12 2

tnx, I'll try it now.