Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Need Help W/Virtual PC 2007......

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2007
=?Utf-8?B?RXJpYw==?=
 

Posts: n/a
Need Help W/Virtual PC 2007......
RC1, Eval 5600

I have two problems I need help with:

1) When creating the VPC It will not allow me to set the memory,
2)and after completed Wizard, I started my VPC, and I want to install Vista
as a guest, but I get this message saying, "No physical memory is avaible at
the location required for the Windows Boot Manager. The system can not
continue".

The Vista DVD is there so how to I solve this? Thanks for your help!...
--
Eric Miller
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2007
Robert Firth
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Need Help W/Virtual PC 2007......
How much system memory do you have on the host computer? I got the same
thing when I had only 512mb of memory. You need more memory if you are going
to run a guest operating system.

--
/* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* Robert Firth *
* Windows Vista x86 RTM *
* http://www.WinVistaInfo.org *
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * */

"Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:66874FCD-4FB5-467F-A197-E5F5D7EE1882@microsoft.com...
> RC1, Eval 5600
>
> I have two problems I need help with:
>
> 1) When creating the VPC It will not allow me to set the memory,
> 2)and after completed Wizard, I started my VPC, and I want to install
> Vista
> as a guest, but I get this message saying, "No physical memory is avaible
> at
> the location required for the Windows Boot Manager. The system can not
> continue".
>
> The Vista DVD is there so how to I solve this? Thanks for your help!...
> --
> Eric Miller


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2007
=?Utf-8?B?RXJpYw==?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Need Help W/Virtual PC 2007......
I have the same amount - 512mb, ok thanks, I'll have to buy more memory....
--
Eric Miller


"Robert Firth" wrote:

> How much system memory do you have on the host computer? I got the same
> thing when I had only 512mb of memory. You need more memory if you are going
> to run a guest operating system.
>
> --
> /* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
> * Robert Firth *
> * Windows Vista x86 RTM *
> * http://www.WinVistaInfo.org *
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * */
>
> "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:66874FCD-4FB5-467F-A197-E5F5D7EE1882@microsoft.com...
> > RC1, Eval 5600
> >
> > I have two problems I need help with:
> >
> > 1) When creating the VPC It will not allow me to set the memory,
> > 2)and after completed Wizard, I started my VPC, and I want to install
> > Vista
> > as a guest, but I get this message saying, "No physical memory is avaible
> > at
> > the location required for the Windows Boot Manager. The system can not
> > continue".
> >
> > The Vista DVD is there so how to I solve this? Thanks for your help!...
> > --
> > Eric Miller

>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2007
David Hearn
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Need Help W/Virtual PC 2007......
Eric wrote:
> I have the same amount - 512mb, ok thanks, I'll have to buy more memory....


Virtual PC defaults to 512MB for a Vista guest OS. I have 1GB RAM in my
machine, and giving 512MB to a guest Vista, leaves 512MB with the host
OS (XP) - however, if I have Outlook open or some other reasonably
sizeable app, VPC won't start the guest OS as it says I don't have
enough RAM.

So, I'd not try using Vista and VPC without a minimum of 1GB on the host
PC really - more is better.

D
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2007
=?Utf-8?B?RXJpYw==?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Need Help W/Virtual PC 2007......
Thanks David...
--
Eric Miller


"David Hearn" wrote:

> Eric wrote:
> > I have the same amount - 512mb, ok thanks, I'll have to buy more memory....

>
> Virtual PC defaults to 512MB for a Vista guest OS. I have 1GB RAM in my
> machine, and giving 512MB to a guest Vista, leaves 512MB with the host
> OS (XP) - however, if I have Outlook open or some other reasonably
> sizeable app, VPC won't start the guest OS as it says I don't have
> enough RAM.
>
> So, I'd not try using Vista and VPC without a minimum of 1GB on the host
> PC really - more is better.
>
> D
>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Running Virtual PC 2007 on Windows Vista Paul Windows Vista Team Blog 1 08-27-2009 00:40
Can you create more Virtual Folders ?? Synapse Syndrome microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 8 03-01-2007 08:41
Virtual WiFi (off-topic) MICHAEL microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 02-28-2007 22:19
Virtual PC Express Arthur Lipscomb microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 02-28-2007 20:05
Virtual PC 2007 Beta on Vista RC2 - Security option Marty Felker microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 02-28-2007 17:45




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 18:26.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120