Blue screen and unexpected shutdown

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Trebuh22

Blue screen and unexpected shutdown

this incident happened to me yesterday,i searched the internet for
games,then i found a game called''Mystery case files:Return to
Ravenhearst''i found the game interesting so i downloaded it in my hard
disk ,after i downloaded it there were two files,i extracted the first
one,after it is finished extracting,suddenly my computer got slow,and it
doesnt respond,so i restarted my laptop(vaio,windows vista 32-bit
operating system)and i tried to extract it again,and it hangs again,so i
restart it again,after that i open a mozilla then suddenly the screen
turns to blue and it says

problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to
preventdamage to your computer.

>KERNEL_STACK_ERROR
>
>It this is the first time your've seen this Stop error screen,

restart
>your
>computer. If this screen appears again, follow these stesps:
>
>Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly

installed.
>If
>this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software

manufacturer
>for
>any windows updates you might need.
>
>If problems conintue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware
>or
>software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing,

If
>you
>need to use safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your
>computer,
>press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe
>Mode.
>
>Technical information:
>
>***STOP: 0x0000007F (sorry i forgot)
>

>Collecting Data for crash dump ...
>Initializing disk for crash dump ...
>Beginning dump of physical memory.
>Dumping physical memory to disk: 100
>Physical memory dump complete.
>Contact your system admin or technical support for for further
>assistance.
>
> i was very nervous when i saw this,at first i thought the game i

downloaded(the ravenhearst)a little while ago,has a virus,so i quikly
deleted it,eventhough it has been deleted permanently,the screen always
turn to blue after 15 minutes.
can anyone solve my problem
do i need th format my pc?

thanks.

--
Trebuh22
Trebuh22's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/trebuh22.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

jcgriff2

Re: Blue screen and unexpected shutdown

Trebuh22;908629 Wrote:
> this incident happened to me yesterday,i searched the internet for
> games,then i found a game called''Mystery case files:Return to
> Ravenhearst''i found the game interesting so i downloaded it in my hard
> disk ,after i downloaded it there were two files,i extracted the first
> one,after it is finished extracting,suddenly my computer got slow,and
> it
> doesnt respond,so i restarted my laptop(vaio,windows vista 32-bit
> operating system)and i tried to extract it again,and it hangs again,so
> restart it again,after that i open a mozilla then suddenly the screen
> turns to blue and it says
>
> problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to
> preventdamage to your computer.> > >
> > >
> > >KERNEL_STACK_ERROR
> > >
> > >It this is the first time your've seen this Stop error screen, > >

> restart> > >
> > >your
> > >computer. If this screen appears again, follow these stesps:
> > >
> > >Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly > >

> installed.
> manufacturer> > >
> > >for
> > >any windows updates you might need.
> > >
> > >If problems conintue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware
> > >or
> > >software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing, > >

> > >you
> > >need to use safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your
> > >computer,
> > >press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe
> > >Mode.
> > >
> > >Technical information:
> > >
> > >***STOP: 0x0000007F (sorry i forgot)
> > >

> > >Collecting Data for crash dump ...
> > >Initializing disk for crash dump ...
> > >Beginning dump of physical memory.
> > >Dumping physical memory to disk: 100
> > >Physical memory dump complete.
> > >Contact your system admin or technical support for for further
> > >assistance.
> > >
> > > i was very nervous when i saw this,at first i thought the game i > >

> downloaded(the ravenhearst)a little while ago,has a virus,so i quikly
> deleted it,eventhough it has been deleted permanently,the screen
> always
> turn to blue after 15 minutes.
> can anyone solve my problem
> do i need th format my pc?
>
> thanks.
>

> --
> Trebuh22
> Trebuh22's Profile: 'Trebuh22's profile on TechArena Computer
> Hardware Support Forums of India'
> (http://forums.techarena.in/members/trebuh22.htm)
> View this thread: 'Blue screen and unexpected shutdown - Vista Help'
> (http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1086481.htm)
>
> 'TechArena Community - Technology and Computer Hardware Support
> Forums of India' (http://forums.techarena.in)

0x7f bugcheck = UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP - CPU generated a trap not
caught by the kernel.

0x7f usually shows up after bad hardware install of some kind, but can
be software related like kernel stack overflow.

Since no new hardware, I would advise Vista system restore 1st -
START | type *rstrui *- hit enter | choose restore point prior to
yesterday's incident.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

Malke

Trebuh22 wrote:

> this incident happened to me yesterday,i searched the internet for
> games,then i found a game called''Mystery case files:Return to
> Ravenhearst''i found the game interesting so i downloaded it in my hard
> disk ,after i downloaded it there were two files,i extracted the first
> one,after it is finished extracting,suddenly my computer got slow,and it
> doesnt respond,so i restarted my laptop(vaio,windows vista 32-bit
> operating system)and i tried to extract it again,and it hangs again,so i
> restart it again,after that i open a mozilla then suddenly the screen
> turns to blue and it says
>
> problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to
> preventdamage to your computer.
>>
>>KERNEL_STACK_ERROR

(snippage)
>> i was very nervous when i saw this,at first i thought the game i

> downloaded(the ravenhearst)a little while ago,has a virus,so i quikly
> deleted it,eventhough it has been deleted permanently,the screen always
> turn to blue after 15 minutes.
> can anyone solve my problem
> do i need th format my pc?

1. Do a System Restore to before you downloaded the game.
2. As a precaution, after System Restore is finished scan your computer for
malware.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Trebuh22

Re: Blue screen and unexpected shutdown

I am very very sorry,i put a wrong informations these are the
corrections:

*KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR*

*STOP:0xc00000077 (0xc0000185,0xc0000185,0x00000000,0x01501000*

i Am very sorry for giving the wrong info.
pls help me,
thanks

Trebuh22;908728 Wrote:
> I am very very sorry,i put a wrong informations these are the
> corrections:
>
> *KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR*
>
> *STOP:0xc00000077 (0xc0000185,0xc0000185,0x00000000,0x01501000*
>
> i Am very sorry for giving the wrong info.
> pls help me,
> thanks
>

> --
> Trebuh22
> Trebuh22's Profile: 'Trebuh22's profile on TechArena Computer Hardware
> Support Forums of India'
> (http://forums.techarena.in/members/trebuh22.htm)
> View this thread: 'Blue screen and unexpected shutdown - Vista Help'
> (http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1086481.htm)
>
> 'TechArena Community - Technology and Computer Hardware Support Forums
> of India' (http://forums.techarena.in)

Hi -

Not a problem with mistaken info provided - these things happen. I
would still follow the suggestion I provided - system restore - the
*rstrui *command.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2