How many machines can I install Vista on?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Bobby

How many machines can I install Vista on?
When Vista is released to the public, how many machines can I install it on?

I would like to install it on two home PCs - one in "my" room and one is
shared room. Is that OK or must I buy two copies?

Cheers.

Bobby

MICHAEL

Re: How many machines can I install Vista on?

"Bobby" <bobby@europe.com> wrote in message news:uDsOLIPMHHA.4000@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> When Vista is released to the public, how many machines can I install it on?
>
> I would like to install it on two home PCs - one in "my" room and one is
> shared room. Is that OK or must I buy two copies?

One copy, one license, one machine.

-Michael
Tom Porterfield

Bobby wrote:
> When Vista is released to the public, how many machines can I install it
> on?
> I would like to install it on two home PCs - one in "my" room and one is
> shared room. Is that OK or must I buy two copies?

Just like all versions of Windows, you need a license for each PC. If you
want to install it on two PC's, you need two licenses.
--
Tom Porterfield

Alias

Bobby wrote:
> When Vista is released to the public, how many machines can I install it
> on?
>
> I would like to install it on two home PCs - one in "my" room and one is
> shared room. Is that OK or must I buy two copies?
>
> Cheers.
>
> Bobby

Only one license per machine. Why are you in a hurry? Vista won't really
be ready for a year or so. Wait until it has SP2.

Alias
Dale

Re: How many machines can I install Vista on?
You can install it on exactly the same number of machines for which you
purchase licenses. I understand that Amazon is already taking orders for
"Additional licenses" at a 20 dollar discount - hardly enough to justify
what future problems you're going to have tying those additional licenses
together. Just buy the full retail license for each install and play it
safe.

Of course one question to consider is whether you really want Vista on all
your PCs. I will have it on mine but the rest of them at my house may never
have Vista.

Dale

"Bobby" <bobby@europe.com> wrote in message
> When Vista is released to the public, how many machines can I install it
> on?
>
> I would like to install it on two home PCs - one in "my" room and one is
> shared room. Is that OK or must I buy two copies?
>
> Cheers.
>
> Bobby

Chad Harris

Re: How many machines can I install Vista on?
My understanding, "currently," is that the EULA has been modded--read they
backed up from a ridiculous over reach to allow people to add hardware to
the box--in the beginning they weren't even going to allow that and the
ground swell was higher than the MSFT campus. The convoluted EULA hasn't
seen the last mod--possibly court ordered or consent agreement negotiated by
a long shot.

News: Revision to Windows Vista retail licensing terms
http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/wi...ing-terms.aspx

CH

"Bobby" <bobby@europe.com> wrote in message
> When Vista is released to the public, how many machines can I install it
> on?
>
> I would like to install it on two home PCs - one in "my" room and one is
> shared room. Is that OK or must I buy two copies?
>
> Cheers.
>
> Bobby

John Barnett MVP

Re: How many machines can I install Vista on?
The scenario you describe requires 'two' copies of Vista - one for 'your'
room and one for the 'shared' room.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"Bobby" <bobby@europe.com> wrote in message
> When Vista is released to the public, how many machines can I install it
> on?
>
> I would like to install it on two home PCs - one in "my" room and one is
> shared room. Is that OK or must I buy two copies?
>
> Cheers.
>
> Bobby

Henry Jones

Re: How many machines can I install Vista on?
Not true. He can install Vista on as many machines as he wishes to install
it on. Now what happens after 30 days is another story !!!!

"MICHAEL" <u158627_emr@dslr.net> wrote in message

> "Bobby" <bobby@europe.com> wrote in message
>> When Vista is released to the public, how many machines can I install it
>> on?
>>
>> I would like to install it on two home PCs - one in "my" room and one is
>> shared room. Is that OK or must I buy two copies?

> One copy, one license, one machine.
>

> -Michael

Janet Chen

Re: How many machines can I install Vista on?
or do the chinese way,

Business edition or Enterprise edition, then activated against a online KMS
server.
install as many as you want

=?Utf-8?B?Um9i?=

Re: How many machines can I install Vista on?
I heard MSFT is turning a blind eye to the Chinese KMS activation
cracks.....That's a little unfair to everyone else I think.