Control panel does not load

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

johnDFC14

Control panel does not load

Hi, i am running on Vista basic, and when i try to run my control panel
with says windows explorer has stopped working, and restarts and it
still doesn't work, it's not worked for a while now but now i really
need it!
Help??!?!

--
johnDFC14
SIW2

Re: Control panel does not load

hI,

Don't know anything about the Firebird project.

However, generally when a program causes problems because it is
corrupted, or needs patching - uninstalling it and reinstalling a fresh
up to date copy will sometimes do the trick.

SIW2

--
SIW2
johnDFC14

Re: Control panel does not load

yeh i did a scan and it said it found corrupt files, so do i sort it?
because i dont know how to uninstall control panel :S?

--
johnDFC14
SIW2

Re: Control panel does not load

Hi,

Glad uninstalling Firebird did the job - obviously you don't need to
reinstall it if you don't want to use it.

SIW2

--
SIW2
Mick Murphy

Re: Control panel does not load
What are you talking about?????????????
--
Mad Mike

"SIW2" wrote:

> hI,
>
> Don't know anything about the Firebird project.
>
> However, generally when a program causes problems because it is
> corrupted, or needs patching - uninstalling it and reinstalling a fresh
> up to date copy will sometimes do the trick.
>
> SIW2
>

> --
> SIW2

Mick Murphy

Re: Control panel does not load
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Open a comand prompt>Right-click Run as Admin> sfc /scannow
Read the link above
--
Mad Mike

"johnDFC14" wrote:

> yeh i did a scan and it said it found corrupt files, so do i sort it?
> because i dont know how to uninstall control panel :S?
>

> --
> johnDFC14

Snidley W.

SIW2 <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Glad uninstalling Firebird did the job - obviously you don't need to
>reinstall it if you don't want to use it.
>
>SIW2

The newbs who post from those awful web-interfaces can be excused for
not quoting and for screwing up everyone else when replying, but YOU
should know better.
SIW2

Re: Control panel does not load

> Hi, i am running on Vista home basic, and when i try to run my control
> panel with says windows explorer has stopped working, and restarts and
> it still doesn't work, but ip come up this:
> Download updates for Firebird Control Panel
> This problem was caused by Firebird Control Panel, which was created by
> Firebird Project.
> Solution
>
> To learn about the solution to this problem, go online to the Firebird
> Project website:
> Click the image to open in full size.Firebird Project
> Rate this response:Rate this response:Provide FeedbackProvide Feedback
>
> then it go to the link it tells me to :
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...?group_id=9028
>
> but i dont know which one to download :S
> it's not worked for a while now but now i really need it!
> Help??!?!
>
> thanks.
> johnDFC14

> > However, generally when a program causes problems because it is
> > corrupted, or needs patching - uninstalling it and reinstalling a fresh
> > up to date copy will sometimes do the trick.
> >
> > SIW2> >

> > because i dont know how to uninstall control panel :S?
> >
> > EDIT: it works now - uninstalled firebird, dunno what it is though? it
> > hasnt been working for like 7 months, but finally!
> >
> > johnDFC14> >

> > reinstall it if you don't want to use it.
> >
> > SIW2 > > > > > The newbs who post from those awful web-interfaces can be excused for
> > not quoting and for screwing up everyone else when replying, but YOU
> > should know better. Snidley W.> >

Oops - my mistake. The OP's a member of the Vista Forums - I didn't
scroll to the top of the page to see newsgroup listed.

SIW2

--
SIW2
DDW

Re: Control panel does not load
On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 21:36:36 -0600, SIW2 <guest@unknown-email.com>
wrote:

>> The newbs who post from those awful web-interfaces can be excused for
>> not quoting and for screwing up everyone else when replying, but YOU
>> should know better.
>>

>Oops - my mistake. The OP's a member of the Vista Forums - I didn't
>scroll to the top of the page to see newsgroup listed.

EVERY blinking message generated ON that forum goes out to Usenet,
just like all the messages generated out HERE go there.

You need to quote every time. EVERY time.

DDW
No email please
Snidley W.

DDW <dd.wright@KILLSPAMcomcast.net> wrote:

>On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 21:36:36 -0600, SIW2 <guest@unknown-email.com>
>wrote:
>
>>> The newbs who post from those awful web-interfaces can be excused for
>>> not quoting and for screwing up everyone else when replying, but YOU
>>> should know better.
>>>

>>Oops - my mistake. The OP's a member of the Vista Forums - I didn't
>>scroll to the top of the page to see newsgroup listed.

>EVERY blinking message generated ON that forum goes out to Usenet,
>just like all the messages generated out HERE go there.
>
>You need to quote every time. EVERY time.
>
>DDW

Beat me to it!