Failed to Connect to a Windows Service Message

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

C and A Bredt

Failed to Connect to a Windows Service Message
I am running Vista Home Premium (not SP1.) After doing Windows Update, I get
this message in the systray area:

"Failed to Connect to a Windows Service
Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service.
This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system. As an
administrative user, you can review the System Event log for details about
why the service didn't respond."

I am the only user on the system - I don't have any limited users. I went to
the Event Log, but there is a ton of stuff there that I don't understand.
Any advice?? CB
--
C and A Bredt

silver hair

RE: Failed to Connect to a Windows Service Message
Hi
When in Event Viewer look in Windows Logs
click
Application or System
look under Level for Info or Warning or Error or Critical
click on one to Highlight it, then look at the bottom for
Event Log Online, Click on it, it takes you to Microsoft TechNet
I have found many Answers there
--
lucky me I guess

"C and A Bredt" wrote:

> I am running Vista Home Premium (not SP1.) After doing Windows Update, I get
> this message in the systray area:
>
> "Failed to Connect to a Windows Service
> Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service.
> This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system. As an
> administrative user, you can review the System Event log for details about
> why the service didn't respond."
>
> I am the only user on the system - I don't have any limited users. I went to
> the Event Log, but there is a ton of stuff there that I don't understand.
> Any advice?? CB
> --
> C and A Bredt

Deet

Re: Failed to Connect to a Windows Service Message
On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 21:08:01 -0800, silver hair
<silverhair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi
>When in Event Viewer look in Windows Logs
>click
>Application or System
>look under Level for Info or Warning or Error or Critical
>click on one to Highlight it, then look at the bottom for
>Event Log Online, Click on it, it takes you to Microsoft TechNet
>I have found many Answers there

I have yet to find ONE.
C and A Bredt

Re: Failed to Connect to a Windows Service Message
I did that and got lots of entries. It was an interesting learning
experience. There were no Critical entries and I didn't find anything in the
other categories that seem to apply, so I'll just ignore those messages in
the future. It has happened twice so far.

CB
--
C and A Bredt