ROTATE THE VISTA SCREEN

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

SHAH JEE

ROTATE THE VISTA SCREEN
WHAT IS THE SHORT KEY TO ROTATE THE VISTA SCREEN
Rick Rogers

Re: ROTATE THE VISTA SCREEN
Hi,

ctrl+alt+up arrow.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"SHAH JEE" wrote in message
> WHAT IS THE SHORT KEY TO ROTATE THE VISTA SCREEN

Ken Blake

Re: ROTATE THE VISTA SCREEN
<SHAH JEE> wrote in message

> WHAT IS THE SHORT KEY TO ROTATE THE VISTA SCREEN

Please don't yell at us. We can hear you if you type normally, in mixed
case.

It's not a Vista issue. The ability to rotate the screen image is a feature
of your video
card, to help it work with monitors that rotate to portrait orientation. You
accidentally pressed Ctrl-Alt, and some arrow key. Rotate it back using
those keys.

brummyfan

Re: ROTATE THE VISTA SCREEN

"Ken Blake" wrote:

> <SHAH JEE> wrote in message
>
> > WHAT IS THE SHORT KEY TO ROTATE THE VISTA SCREEN

> Please don't yell at us. We can hear you if you type normally, in mixed
> case.
>
> It's not a Vista issue. The ability to rotate the screen image is a feature
> of your video
> card, to help it work with monitors that rotate to portrait orientation. You
> accidentally pressed Ctrl-Alt, and some arrow key. Rotate it back using
> those keys.

To put it mildly, these effects are Vista issue and you need appropriate
video cards to enable them. I can only hope whatever the future releases will
provide some of the fabulous effects enabled. But at the moment we are short
of any enterprising effects in Vista and its dull.
Ken Blake

Re: ROTATE THE VISTA SCREEN
"brummyfan" <brummyfan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsCAAE522-8289-45A1-82A5-99F1DB20D4AA@microsoft.com...

> "Ken Blake" wrote:
>
>> <SHAH JEE> wrote in message
>>
>> > WHAT IS THE SHORT KEY TO ROTATE THE VISTA SCREEN

>> Please don't yell at us. We can hear you if you type normally, in mixed
>> case.
>>
>> It's not a Vista issue. The ability to rotate the screen image is a
>> feature
>> of your video
>> card, to help it work with monitors that rotate to portrait orientation.
>> You
>> accidentally pressed Ctrl-Alt, and some arrow key. Rotate it back using
>> those keys.
>>

> To put it mildly, these effects are Vista issue

No, these effects are features of particular video cards and their drivers.
It's not Vista that provide them at all.

"Ken Blake" wrote:

> "brummyfan" <brummyfan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsCAAE522-8289-45A1-82A5-99F1DB20D4AA@microsoft.com...
> >

> > "Ken Blake" wrote:
> >
> >> <SHAH JEE> wrote in message

> >> Please don't yell at us. We can hear you if you type normally, in mixed
> >> case.
> >>
> >> It's not a Vista issue. The ability to rotate the screen image is a
> >> feature
> >> of your video
> >> card, to help it work with monitors that rotate to portrait orientation.
> >> You
> >> accidentally pressed Ctrl-Alt, and some arrow key. Rotate it back using
> >> those keys.
> >>

> > To put it mildly, these effects are Vista issue

> No, these effects are features of particular video cards and their drivers.
> It's not Vista that provide them at all.
>

> > and you need appropriate
> > video cards to enable them. I can only hope whatever the future releases
> > will
> > provide some of the fabulous effects enabled. But at the moment we are
> > short
> > of any enterprising effects in Vista and its dull.

I have tried Vista's new Aero snap feature and I am pleased with it. Even
though its a Beta version it works very well.
Andre Da Costa

Re: ROTATE THE VISTA SCREEN
I notice it even works in Aero Basic
--
Best regards,
Andre Da Costa

> "Ken Blake" wrote:
>
>> "brummyfan" <brummyfan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> newsCAAE522-8289-45A1-82A5-99F1DB20D4AA@microsoft.com...

>> > To put it mildly, these effects are Vista issue

>> No, these effects are features of particular video cards and their
>> drivers.
>> It's not Vista that provide them at all.
>>

>> > and you need appropriate
>> > video cards to enable them. I can only hope whatever the future
>> > releases
>> > will
>> > provide some of the fabulous effects enabled. But at the moment we are
>> > short
>> > of any enterprising effects in Vista and its dull.

> I have tried Vista's new Aero snap feature and I am pleased with it. Even
> though its a Beta version it works very well.

Austell

Re: ROTATE THE VISTA SCREEN

Try right clicking on your desktop and going to personalize, display
settings and then advanced, in there somewhere there is usually the
option to do this unless your video card doesn't support it. in this
http://forums.techarena.in/customize...op/1125769.htm I found some
trick on how to rotate screen under vista.

--
Austell
Austell's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/austell.htm

http://forums.techarena.in