usb port problem

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

=?Utf-8?B?RmlmaQ==?=

usb port problem
Can't sincronize my blackberry with new notebook using Windows vista. A
message on the blackberry says that the USB port doesn't have enough power. I
check all in the device driver and all is OK. I can conect a camera do any of
the ports. Nothing else is conected to the usb ports. Is that a windows vista
problem?
R. McCarty

Re: usb port problem
Many Pocket PCs/Blackberry Smart Phones draw a USB Root Hub
limit of 500mA of current. Different devices draw different amounts of
current. If the device is USB-2.0 then it is routed to an Enhanced
controller/hub. If USB1(.l) then it routes to one of several Universal
controller/hubs on your motherboard.

To check USB Bandwidth and Power consumption.
Open Device Manager. (Run (Type) DevMgmt.Msc [Enter]
1.) Expand the USB category
2.) Double-Click each Controller - when the details box opens click
the Advanced (TAB) it will display the total % of bandwidth used
and system reserved.
3.) Double-Click each Root Hub, from the details box click the Power
(TAB). It will show the total current draw on the hub.

I'd consult with the vendor. If the notebook can't natively handle a
Blackberry you'd be advised to return it.

"Fifi" <Fifi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can't sincronize my blackberry with new notebook using Windows vista. A
> message on the blackberry says that the USB port doesn't have enough
> power. I
> check all in the device driver and all is OK. I can conect a camera do any
> of
> the ports. Nothing else is conected to the usb ports. Is that a windows
> vista
> problem?

=?Utf-8?B?RmlmaQ==?=

Re: usb port problem
Thanks. Power was not the problem as the display message in the blackberry
said.
I unistalled the device, intstalled new drivers and voila, it is working.
Wrong window messages are very misleading (the device manager also said the
drivers were updated)

"R. McCarty" wrote:

> Many Pocket PCs/Blackberry Smart Phones draw a USB Root Hub
> limit of 500mA of current. Different devices draw different amounts of
> current. If the device is USB-2.0 then it is routed to an Enhanced
> controller/hub. If USB1(.l) then it routes to one of several Universal
> controller/hubs on your motherboard.
>
> To check USB Bandwidth and Power consumption.
> Open Device Manager. (Run (Type) DevMgmt.Msc [Enter]
> 1.) Expand the USB category
> 2.) Double-Click each Controller - when the details box opens click
> the Advanced (TAB) it will display the total % of bandwidth used
> and system reserved.
> 3.) Double-Click each Root Hub, from the details box click the Power
> (TAB). It will show the total current draw on the hub.
>
> I'd consult with the vendor. If the notebook can't natively handle a
> Blackberry you'd be advised to return it.
>
> "Fifi" <Fifi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can't sincronize my blackberry with new notebook using Windows vista. A
> > message on the blackberry says that the USB port doesn't have enough
> > power. I
> > check all in the device driver and all is OK. I can conect a camera do any
> > of
> > the ports. Nothing else is conected to the usb ports. Is that a windows
> > vista
> > problem?

=?Utf-8?B?c3RldmVkdXR0MG4=?=

Re: usb port problem
I have the same problem, where did you get the drivers?