File Deleted after download

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

conker87

File Deleted after download

While using both IE and Firefox, everytime any file type is downloaded
the file gets deleted right away.

I've only have the laptop 2 days, and this has happened. I attempted to
change the LAN settings to be able to get into my Uni network, but that
hasn't worked so I reverted the registry value back to it's default.

Would anyone know whats going on here?

--
conker87
mansrm81

Re: File Deleted after download

Do the files get deleted when you just save to the C drive.

--
mansrm81

If you think I helped you fix your problem give me some rep . Click on
the scales. [image:
http://www.vistax64.com/members/mans...-untitled.jpg]
conker87

Re: File Deleted after download

Yes, I just this minute tried to save a file to my usb drive and it
saved fine.

--
conker87

philo

"conker87" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> While using both IE and Firefox, everytime any file type is downloaded
> the file gets deleted right away.
>
> I've only have the laptop 2 days, and this has happened. I attempted to
> change the LAN settings to be able to get into my Uni network, but that
> hasn't worked so I reverted the registry value back to it's default.
>
> Would anyone know whats going on here?

I think it might be a case of the location not being where you think it is.

Try a drive search to see where it really ended up...

OR:

Try creating a folder called "Downloads" for example

then specifically download to that folder.

Dave

Re: File Deleted after download
Where (which folder) are you trying to save the files?

--
Vista Home Premium 32 SP1
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"conker87" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> While using both IE and Firefox, everytime any file type is downloaded
> the file gets deleted right away.
>
> I've only have the laptop 2 days, and this has happened. I attempted to
> change the LAN settings to be able to get into my Uni network, but that
> hasn't worked so I reverted the registry value back to it's default.
>
> Would anyone know whats going on here?
>

> --
> conker87

conker87

Re: File Deleted after download

I save the files in Simon\Downloads

I even open up the folder wait for it to finish downloading and see
what happens:
- Download finishes, exe file is made and .part file (from firefox) is
still present and both are the same size
- exe file instantly disappears and .part file is now 0 is size.

I've had to start downloading the files to my usb drive for now.

--
conker87
Bobster91

Re: File Deleted after download

I have this same problem, I have tried changing the download path from
one file to another, and from my C drive to my E drive, but I'm still
having no joy.

I have watched the file download in the download dialog box through
mozilla, and in the download section of my account on the laptop, but as
soon as it has downloaded it has dissapeared.

Its not in the Temp internet files or the program files.

Iv run a search from the 'search' function on the start tab and it
hasnt found any of the files that I have recently downloaded.

--
Bobster91