Lost precious family pictures: User Profile Error -Logged on with a Temporary Profile

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

mvista20

Lost precious family pictures: User Profile Error -Logged on with a Temporary Profile

Without me realizing it I was Logged on with a Temporary Profile due to
some profile error. I could not see my pictures and documents. I
searched for it found them in different folder. so I moved it back to
Pictures folder.

But when logged off again and logged back in, it logged me with my
original profine. NOW all my files that I moved when I was logged in as
temp profile, is GONE.

How can I recover those files? I lost 3 months of family pictures.

HELP. how can I recover those?

--
mvista20
Alias

Re: Lost precious family pictures: User Profile Error -Logged onwith a Temporary Profile
mvista20 wrote:
> Without me realizing it I was Logged on with a Temporary Profile due to
> some profile error. I could not see my pictures and documents. I
> searched for it found them in different folder. so I moved it back to
> Pictures folder.
>
> But when logged off again and logged back in, it logged me with my
> original profine. NOW all my files that I moved when I was logged in as
> temp profile, is GONE.
>
> How can I recover those files? I lost 3 months of family pictures.
>
> HELP. how can I recover those?

Take the hard drive out and reset the jumpers to Slave and mount it in a
working computer and copy them that way.

Now you know that back up is a computer user's best friend. Invest in an
external hard drive. You'll be glad you did.

Alias
Rick Rogers

Re: Lost precious family pictures: User Profile Error -Logged on with a Temporary Profile
Hi,

Restoration by Brian Kato:
http://www.aumha.org/freeware/freeware.php#restore

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"mvista20" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Without me realizing it I was Logged on with a Temporary Profile due to
> some profile error. I could not see my pictures and documents. I
> searched for it found them in different folder. so I moved it back to
> Pictures folder.
>
> But when logged off again and logged back in, it logged me with my
> original profine. NOW all my files that I moved when I was logged in as
> temp profile, is GONE.
>
> How can I recover those files? I lost 3 months of family pictures.
>
> HELP. how can I recover those?
>

> --
> mvista20

J Taylor

Re: Lost precious family pictures: User Profile Error -Logged on with a Temporary Profile

"mvista20" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Without me realizing it I was Logged on with a Temporary Profile due to
> some profile error. I could not see my pictures and documents. I
> searched for it found them in different folder. so I moved it back to
> Pictures folder.
>
> But when logged off again and logged back in, it logged me with my
> original profine. NOW all my files that I moved when I was logged in as
> temp profile, is GONE.
>
> How can I recover those files? I lost 3 months of family pictures.
>
> HELP. how can I recover those?
>

> --
> mvista20

Shouldn't they be under that profile directory on your c drive?

You should have a daily backup running.