Cannot accept control messages at this time

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

robang13

Cannot accept control messages at this time

Hi,
No matter what I click on: control panel, restore,task manager, try to
install a program, msconfig I get this message: cannot accept control
messages at this time. What can be happening? I'm afraid to even restart
the computer. This just started yesterday. Any ideas?

--
robang13
Kelly

Re: Cannot accept control messages at this time
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro....mspx?mfr=true

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP/DTS&XP)

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

SupportSpace
www.supportspace.com/pages?aiu=kellyskorner

"robang13" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hi,
> No matter what I click on: control panel, restore,task manager, try to
> install a program, msconfig I get this message: cannot accept control
> messages at this time. What can be happening? I'm afraid to even restart
> the computer. This just started yesterday. Any ideas?
>

> --
> robang13

robang13

Re: Cannot accept control messages at this time

That didn't help. I've waited a day and retried time and again. It's all
programs not just one.
Thanks anyway...

--
robang13
Mick Murphy

RE: Cannot accept control messages at this time
Right at Power on, tap F8, until a list of startup options will be shown. Use
UP arrow Key to go to SAfe Mode, hit ENTER.

Once there, Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System restore
--
Mad Mike

"robang13" wrote:

> Hi,
> No matter what I click on: control panel, restore,task manager, try to
> install a program, msconfig I get this message: cannot accept control
> messages at this time. What can be happening? I'm afraid to even restart
> the computer. This just started yesterday. Any ideas?
>

> --
> robang13

emthree

Re: Cannot accept control messages at this time

I'm having the same error when I try to open certain programs.
Waiting a few minutes does not solve the problem.

Any other suggestions ?

--
emthree
robang13

Re: Cannot accept control messages at this time

Yes. I reset all of my control settings and it now works fine. Here is
the website for a list:
'Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Service Configurations by Black Viper'
(http://www.blackviper.com/WinVista/servicecfg.htm)
I apparently had changed one of the settings in my control window. I
either set it to not run or manual. Once I put it back to these settings
all was well again. The page I listed is for Vista. If you have a
different version look it up in that forum. If for some reason the link
doesn't post here, email me offlist if you want

--
robang13

DoctorXX is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Cannot accept control messages at this time
Can you tell me which settings you changed? I've been getting the same error and cant find any solutions. That page you listed was too confusing. Help.

Thanks,

Dave