0x400110020000100c

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

ococatam

0x400110020000100c

I cannot get Windows Vista to start. It recently froze and nothing I did
would get it moving again. So I did a hard reboot with the power button
and now it will not start. It's an HP dv6000 series laptop. It came with
Vista installed and no recovery discs. Recovery software is installed on
the hard drive. I make a recovery disk.

When I go to Recovery Manager without using the disk I get Error
0x400110020000100C

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

--
ococatam
ococatam

Re: 0x400110020000100c

Any help please!

--
ococatam
Paul Montgomery

Re: 0x400110020000100c
On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 18:25:49 -0500, ococatam <guest@unknown-email.com>
wrote:

>Any help please!

It's only been 3 hours since you asked your question.

Calm your impatient ass down and wait.
Cuiz'

Re: 0x400110020000100c
hi, can you go into safe mode? (pressing f8?), if you can, try to access the
system configuration utility (msconfig) and disable softwares that are not
part of vista, let see if your problem of frozen startup still occurs, just
keep us posted.
As for the error code above, it seems that you're the only one having this
problem! (based on my search in the internet)

"ococatam" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I cannot get Windows Vista to start. It recently froze and nothing I did
> would get it moving again. So I did a hard reboot with the power button
> and now it will not start. It's an HP dv6000 series laptop. It came with
> Vista installed and no recovery discs. Recovery software is installed on
> the hard drive. I make a recovery disk.
>
> When I go to Recovery Manager without using the disk I get Error
> 0x400110020000100C
>

> Any help is greatly appreciated.
> Thanks
>

> --
> ococatam

Rick Rogers

Re: 0x400110020000100c
Hi,

As you get an error with the Recovery Manager, it is likely that you have
damaged/failed hardware, quite possibly the hard drive. You will need a
technician. If the system is under warranty, contact HP first. Otherwise,
locate a local shop with a good reputation (not a bigbox store).

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"ococatam" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I cannot get Windows Vista to start. It recently froze and nothing I did
> would get it moving again. So I did a hard reboot with the power button
> and now it will not start. It's an HP dv6000 series laptop. It came with
> Vista installed and no recovery discs. Recovery software is installed on
> the hard drive. I make a recovery disk.
>
> When I go to Recovery Manager without using the disk I get Error
> 0x400110020000100C
>

> Any help is greatly appreciated.
> Thanks
>

> --
> ococatam

cha11enger

Re: 0x400110020000100c

i have the same problem, but my computer boots right to windows and its fine,
i have recently tried to use the recovery manager with the same result
im pretty sure its not the hard drive because mine works fine,
any help would be appreciated