Put a quotation on my desktop

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

milt

Put a quotation on my desktop
How do I put a famous quote, which I have, on my desktop so that I can see it
every time I start my computer? Thanks.
Synapse Syndrome

Re: Put a quotation on my desktop
"milt" <milt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I put a famous quote, which I have, on my desktop so that I can see
> it
> every time I start my computer? Thanks.

Open up your wallpaper file in MS Paint (or any graphics editor) and use the
Text tool.

ss.

Mark L. Ferguson

Re: Put a quotation on my desktop
Put a shortcut in 'start/all programs/startup' to this vbs file, edited to
contain your favorite quote text.

--quote.vbs--
set wshell=createobject("wscript.shell")
wshell.popup "This is the text of my favorite quotation", 4, "Favorite
Quotation Popup",0
--end file--cut here--

--
Please use the Communities guidelines when posting.
http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales...help_en-us.htm

"milt" <milt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I put a famous quote, which I have, on my desktop so that I can see
> it
> every time I start my computer? Thanks.

leap frog vista

Re: Put a quotation on my desktop
the quotation you must put is

"those who want vista should be ready to lose much of their IQ, those who
use vista are already idiots"

"milt" <milt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I put a famous quote, which I have, on my desktop so that I can see
> it
> every time I start my computer? Thanks.

milt

Re: Put a quotation on my desktop
Thanks for a good and speedy response! I'm half way there. I edited the quote
to have a transparent background in Adobe Photoshop Elements 6, saved the
file to my desktop (and subsequently to my Documents folder on C) and
uploaded to be my screensaver via the Control Panel/Appearance and
Personalization/Change Desktop Background in Vista Ultimate. I get a black
background for the screensaver with my quote in a white box. I want to have
the quote with a transparent background over the standard HP Dragon
wallpaper. How do I do that? When I uploaded via the Control Panel I lost the
transparent background I created with Adobe Photoshop Elements 6. It turned
white. Even when I saved the Photoshop file as a .jpeg the same thing
happened. I cannot find an option to create the wallpaper directly from Adobe
Photoshop Elements 6. Thanks.

> Thanks for a good and speedy response! I'm half way there. I edited the
> quote
> to have a transparent background in Adobe Photoshop Elements 6, saved the
> file to my desktop (and subsequently to my Documents folder on C) and
> uploaded to be my screensaver via the Control Panel/Appearance and
> Personalization/Change Desktop Background in Vista Ultimate. I get a black
> background for the screensaver with my quote in a white box. I want to
> have
> the quote with a transparent background over the standard HP Dragon
> wallpaper. How do I do that? When I uploaded via the Control Panel I lost
> the
> transparent background I created with Adobe Photoshop Elements 6. It
> turned
> white. Even when I saved the Photoshop file as a .jpeg the same thing
> happened. I cannot find an option to create the wallpaper directly from
> Adobe
> Photoshop Elements 6. Thanks.

I can't really make out what your issue is, or what you are trying to do.
If you just make some bullet-point statements, I might be able to figure it
out.

Is the screensaver thing something separate?

ss.

milt

Re: Put a quotation on my desktop
Correction to my earlier post: I did find how to create the screen saver in
Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 however it lost the transparent background in the
transfer and does not look as good as the screen saver I created using the
Control Panel. However even using the Control Panel I lose the transparent
background and the screen saver background is black, not the HP Dragon
wallpaper I like. How do I superimpose a quote on the standard wall paper I
like? Thanks.

"milt" wrote:

> Thanks for a good and speedy response! I'm half way there. I edited the quote
> to have a transparent background in Adobe Photoshop Elements 6, saved the
> file to my desktop (and subsequently to my Documents folder on C) and
> uploaded to be my screensaver via the Control Panel/Appearance and
> Personalization/Change Desktop Background in Vista Ultimate. I get a black
> background for the screensaver with my quote in a white box. I want to have
> the quote with a transparent background over the standard HP Dragon
> wallpaper. How do I do that? When I uploaded via the Control Panel I lost the
> transparent background I created with Adobe Photoshop Elements 6. It turned
> white. Even when I saved the Photoshop file as a .jpeg the same thing
> happened. I cannot find an option to create the wallpaper directly from Adobe
> Photoshop Elements 6. Thanks.
>
> "Synapse Syndrome" wrote:
>
> > "milt" <milt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > How do I put a famous quote, which I have, on my desktop so that I can see
> > > it
> > > every time I start my computer? Thanks.

> > Open up your wallpaper file in MS Paint (or any graphics editor) and use the
> > Text tool.
> >
> > ss.

Synapse Syndrome

Re: Put a quotation on my desktop
"milt" <milt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for a good and speedy response! I'm half way there. I edited the
> quote
> to have a transparent background in Adobe Photoshop Elements 6, saved the
> file to my desktop (and subsequently to my Documents folder on C) and
> uploaded to be my screensaver via the Control Panel/Appearance and
> Personalization/Change Desktop Background in Vista Ultimate. I get a black
> background for the screensaver with my quote in a white box. I want to
> have
> the quote with a transparent background over the standard HP Dragon
> wallpaper. How do I do that? When I uploaded via the Control Panel I lost
> the
> transparent background I created with Adobe Photoshop Elements 6. It
> turned
> white. Even when I saved the Photoshop file as a .jpeg the same thing
> happened. I cannot find an option to create the wallpaper directly from
> Adobe
> Photoshop Elements 6. Thanks.

Okay, I reread you message, and putting this screensaver complication to the
side, I think you may be having problems due to you not flattening your
layers, before making the wallpaper image file. This should have been done
automatically though, if you were saving a .bmp or .jpg, and if Photoshop
Elements does this in the same way as Photoshop, which is what I am used to.
Remember to rasterize your text, and flatten you layers.

ss.

milt

Re: Put a quotation on my desktop
Mark, Thanks for your reply. I have located the file you mention (Start/All
Programs/startup) but how do I insert the data you suggest? Not very smart
with the tech end of computers. Thanks.

> Correction to my earlier post: I did find how to create the screen saver
> in
> Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 however it lost the transparent background in
> the
> transfer and does not look as good as the screen saver I created using the
> Control Panel. However even using the Control Panel I lose the transparent
> background and the screen saver background is black, not the HP Dragon
> wallpaper I like. How do I superimpose a quote on the standard wall paper
> like? Thanks.

Please give me your definitions of 'screensaver' and 'wallpaper', as I am
not understanding what you are trying to say very well.

ss.