Windows Update has stopped working

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

S Voudrie

Windows Update has stopped working
When Using Windows Update it loads from the program list and
lists the updates. However, when I click install on any of the updates,
it hangs and says "some updates were not installed." This started
happening two days ago.
John Inzer

Re: Windows Update has stopped working
S Voudrie wrote:
> When Using Windows Update it loads from the program list and
> lists the updates. However, when I click install on any of the
> updates, it hangs and says "some updates were not installed." This
> started happening two days ago.

============================
No guarantees...but the following site
may be worth a look:

Automatic Updates and WindowsUpdate Reset tool
http://www.codeplex.com/aureset

--

John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Windows Update has stopped working

Which exact updates fail to install?

What happens if you attempt to directly download those installs from
Microsoft.com and install them yourself?

--
Speaking for myself only.
"S Voudrie" <csvoud@gmail.com> wrote in message
> When Using Windows Update it loads from the program list and
> lists the updates. However, when I click install on any of the updates,
> it hangs and says "some updates were not installed." This started
> happening two days ago.

S Voudrie

Re: Windows Update has stopped working
Several of the updates were for Windows Defender and one was
Windows Search 4.0. I did download the Windows Search 4.0 from
Microsoft.com and it installed. I did also try the Windows Update
Reset Tool. The problem in Windows Update still remains.

"zachd [MSFT]" <zachd@nomailplz.online.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Which exact updates fail to install?
>
> What happens if you attempt to directly download those installs from
> Microsoft.com and install them yourself?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> rights.
> --
> "S Voudrie" <csvoud@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> When Using Windows Update it loads from the program list and
>> lists the updates. However, when I click install on any of the updates,
>> it hangs and says "some updates were not installed." This started
>> happening two days ago.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Windows Update has stopped working

So what updates are still failing to install? And what happens when you try
to install those failing updates by themselves?

At some point either there would be nothing left for Windows Update to
install or you would have hit the problem update....