Windows Sidebar Gadgets not working?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

b trumpet

Windows Sidebar Gadgets not working?
When I start the sidebar it used to be fine. Now when I put an application
in, it dosn't show up. For example, I will put in the calandar that came with
the sidebar already, but then it will be a small rectangular block. All my
other apps are the same way. Just invisible stuff. Any help on this? Thansk.
I can take screen pictures if you want me to send them.
Mark L. Ferguson

Re: Windows Sidebar Gadgets not working?
Rightclick a Command Prompt icon, and 'run as administrator'. Type the
command:

regsvr32 vbscript

--
Please use the Communities guidelines when posting.
http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales...help_en-us.htm

"b trumpet" <b trumpet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I start the sidebar it used to be fine. Now when I put an application
> in, it dosn't show up. For example, I will put in the calandar that came
> with
> the sidebar already, but then it will be a small rectangular block. All my
> other apps are the same way. Just invisible stuff. Any help on this?
> Thansk.
> I can take screen pictures if you want me to send them.

b trumpet

Re: Windows Sidebar Gadgets not working?
Didn't help at all.
http://i36.tinypic.com/x0p3sp.jpg
Use the link for my destop showing how my apps are not working right on the
sidebar. Any help please?

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> Rightclick a Command Prompt icon, and 'run as administrator'. Type the
> command:
>
> regsvr32 vbscript
>
> --
> Please use the Communities guidelines when posting.
> http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales...help_en-us.htm
> Use the "Ratings" feature. It helps the new users.
> Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP
> https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Mark.Ferguson
>
> "b trumpet" <b trumpet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I start the sidebar it used to be fine. Now when I put an application
> > in, it dosn't show up. For example, I will put in the calandar that came
> > with
> > the sidebar already, but then it will be a small rectangular block. All my
> > other apps are the same way. Just invisible stuff. Any help on this?
> > Thansk.
> > I can take screen pictures if you want me to send them.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: Windows Sidebar Gadgets not working?
Does this help?

Gadgets in the Windows Vista Sidebar are not displayed correctly:
http://www.winhelponline.com/article...correctly.html

--
Regards,

The Winhelponline Blog: http://www.winhelponline.com/blog
Windows« Troubleshooting: http://www.winhelponline.com

> Didn't help at all.
> http://i36.tinypic.com/x0p3sp.jpg
> Use the link for my destop showing how my apps are not working right on
> the
> sidebar. Any help please?
>
> "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
>
>> Rightclick a Command Prompt icon, and 'run as administrator'. Type the
>> command:
>>
>> regsvr32 vbscript
>>
>> --
>> Please use the Communities guidelines when posting.
>> http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales...help_en-us.htm
>> Use the "Ratings" feature. It helps the new users.
>> Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP
>> https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Mark.Ferguson
>>
>> "b trumpet" <b trumpet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When I start the sidebar it used to be fine. Now when I put an
>> > application
>> > in, it dosn't show up. For example, I will put in the calandar that
>> > came
>> > with
>> > the sidebar already, but then it will be a small rectangular block. All
>> > my
>> > other apps are the same way. Just invisible stuff. Any help on this?
>> > Thansk.
>> > I can take screen pictures if you want me to send them.

b trumpet

Re: Windows Sidebar Gadgets not working?
Allright. It worked. Thanks. Thanks so much.

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Does this help?
>
> Gadgets in the Windows Vista Sidebar are not displayed correctly:
> http://www.winhelponline.com/article...correctly.html
>
> --
> Regards,

> The Winhelponline Blog: http://www.winhelponline.com/blog
> Windows® Troubleshooting: http://www.winhelponline.com
>

> "b trumpet" <btrumpet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Didn't help at all.
> > http://i36.tinypic.com/x0p3sp.jpg
> > Use the link for my destop showing how my apps are not working right on
> > the
> > sidebar. Any help please?
> >
> > "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
> >
> >> Rightclick a Command Prompt icon, and 'run as administrator'. Type the
> >> command:
> >>
> >> regsvr32 vbscript
> >>
> >> --
> >> Please use the Communities guidelines when posting.
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales...help_en-us.htm
> >> Use the "Ratings" feature. It helps the new users.
> >> Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP
> >> https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Mark.Ferguson

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: Windows Sidebar Gadgets not working?
You're welcome!