Microsoft Sync Center has stopped working

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Ross R

Microsoft Sync Center has stopped working
Every time I plug in my iPhone, Sync Center crashes. It sometime crashes
with no help of the phone but it will crash every time I plug the phone in.

Here's the message from the Event Viewer:
Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 7/17/2008 9:06:07 AM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Faulting application mobsync.exe, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp
0x4549b06a, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x00000000,
exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00520045, process id 0x1620,
application start time 0x01c8e80ddff54070.

Ideas? Do I really need Sync Center? I thought it was for Win Mobile
devices.

Thanks.
Ross

ilovemyprobe

RE: Microsoft Sync Center has stopped working
I am not a tech guy but personally I would not be using Sync center for an
iphone.

I would go through itunes as I would only want to sync my contacts, calender
appointments (via outlook) music, photos and video. All of this can be done
via itunes.

If on the other hand you need to sync documents, spreed sheets and so on
then i would be using MS syncing software.

cheers

"Ross R" wrote:

> Every time I plug in my iPhone, Sync Center crashes. It sometime crashes
> with no help of the phone but it will crash every time I plug the phone in.
>
> Here's the message from the Event Viewer:
> Log Name: Application
> Source: Application Error
> Date: 7/17/2008 9:06:07 AM
> Event ID: 1000
> Task Category: (100)
> Level: Error
> Faulting application mobsync.exe, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp
> 0x4549b06a, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x00000000,
> exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00520045, process id 0x1620,
> application start time 0x01c8e80ddff54070.
>
> Ideas? Do I really need Sync Center? I thought it was for Win Mobile
> devices.
>
> Thanks.
> Ross

Ross R

RE: Microsoft Sync Center has stopped working
Not using Sync Center by choice, not even sure how it got set up that way, I
don't want to use it if I don't have to... I just don't see any way to set
any options or even stop Sync Center...

Additional info: Connecting a USB drive has the same effect, Sync Center
crashes.

Ross

"ilovemyprobe" wrote:

> I am not a tech guy but personally I would not be using Sync center for an
> iphone.
>
> I would go through itunes as I would only want to sync my contacts, calender
> appointments (via outlook) music, photos and video. All of this can be done
> via itunes.
>
> If on the other hand you need to sync documents, spreed sheets and so on
> then i would be using MS syncing software.
>
> cheers
>

> "Ross R" wrote:
>
> > Every time I plug in my iPhone, Sync Center crashes. It sometime crashes
> > with no help of the phone but it will crash every time I plug the phone in.
> >
> > Here's the message from the Event Viewer:
> > Log Name: Application
> > Source: Application Error
> > Date: 7/17/2008 9:06:07 AM
> > Event ID: 1000
> > Task Category: (100)
> > Level: Error
> > Faulting application mobsync.exe, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp
> > 0x4549b06a, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x00000000,
> > exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00520045, process id 0x1620,
> > application start time 0x01c8e80ddff54070.
> >
> > Ideas? Do I really need Sync Center? I thought it was for Win Mobile
> > devices.
> >
> > Thanks.
> > Ross

ilovemyprobe

RE: Microsoft Sync Center has stopped working
I would go into control panel
open sync center
right click on your iphone icon
hit DELETE in the menu

This i trust will break the association.

Then reboot

Then install itunes off the net.

then connect via usb and let itunes open and sync outlook from there.
NOTE: If vista asked to sync with the iphone at this point, look for the
take a hike button and hit it ! ! !

Then i would post up all the new problems caused by these actions!

cheers

"Ross R" wrote:

> Not using Sync Center by choice, not even sure how it got set up that way, I
> don't want to use it if I don't have to... I just don't see any way to set
> any options or even stop Sync Center...
>
> Additional info: Connecting a USB drive has the same effect, Sync Center
> crashes.
>
> Ross
>
> "ilovemyprobe" wrote:
>
> > I am not a tech guy but personally I would not be using Sync center for an
> > iphone.
> >
> > I would go through itunes as I would only want to sync my contacts, calender
> > appointments (via outlook) music, photos and video. All of this can be done
> > via itunes.
> >
> > If on the other hand you need to sync documents, spreed sheets and so on
> > then i would be using MS syncing software.
> >
> > cheers
> >

> > "Ross R" wrote:
> >
> > > Every time I plug in my iPhone, Sync Center crashes. It sometime crashes
> > > with no help of the phone but it will crash every time I plug the phone in.
> > >
> > > Here's the message from the Event Viewer:
> > > Log Name: Application
> > > Source: Application Error
> > > Date: 7/17/2008 9:06:07 AM
> > > Event ID: 1000
> > > Task Category: (100)
> > > Level: Error
> > > Faulting application mobsync.exe, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp
> > > 0x4549b06a, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x00000000,
> > > exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00520045, process id 0x1620,
> > > application start time 0x01c8e80ddff54070.
> > >
> > > Ideas? Do I really need Sync Center? I thought it was for Win Mobile
> > > devices.
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > > Ross

Ross R

RE: Microsoft Sync Center has stopped working
There's no iPhone icon in Sync center, I disabled Offline files and Sync
Center is still running and crashing... Can't find it as a service to
disable either

"ilovemyprobe" wrote:

> I would go into control panel
> open sync center
> right click on your iphone icon
> hit DELETE in the menu
>
> This i trust will break the association.
>
> Then reboot
>
> Then install itunes off the net.
>
> then connect via usb and let itunes open and sync outlook from there.
> NOTE: If vista asked to sync with the iphone at this point, look for the
> take a hike button and hit it ! ! !
>
> Then i would post up all the new problems caused by these actions!
>
> cheers
>
> "Ross R" wrote:
>
> > Not using Sync Center by choice, not even sure how it got set up that way, I
> > don't want to use it if I don't have to... I just don't see any way to set
> > any options or even stop Sync Center...
> >
> > Additional info: Connecting a USB drive has the same effect, Sync Center
> > crashes.
> >
> > Ross
> >
> > "ilovemyprobe" wrote:
> >
> > > I am not a tech guy but personally I would not be using Sync center for an
> > > iphone.
> > >
> > > I would go through itunes as I would only want to sync my contacts, calender
> > > appointments (via outlook) music, photos and video. All of this can be done
> > > via itunes.
> > >
> > > If on the other hand you need to sync documents, spreed sheets and so on
> > > then i would be using MS syncing software.
> > >
> > > cheers

ilovemyprobe

RE: Microsoft Sync Center has stopped working
try this, clicky clicky:

http://ph.answers.yahoo.com/question...0224732AAVr2vR

cheers

"Ross R" wrote:

> There's no iPhone icon in Sync center, I disabled Offline files and Sync
> Center is still running and crashing... Can't find it as a service to
> disable either
>
> "ilovemyprobe" wrote:
>
> > I would go into control panel
> > open sync center
> > right click on your iphone icon
> > hit DELETE in the menu
> >
> > This i trust will break the association.
> >
> > Then reboot
> >
> > Then install itunes off the net.
> >
> > then connect via usb and let itunes open and sync outlook from there.
> > NOTE: If vista asked to sync with the iphone at this point, look for the
> > take a hike button and hit it ! ! !
> >
> > Then i would post up all the new problems caused by these actions!
> >
> > cheers
> >
> > "Ross R" wrote:
> >
> > > Not using Sync Center by choice, not even sure how it got set up that way, I
> > > don't want to use it if I don't have to... I just don't see any way to set
> > > any options or even stop Sync Center...
> > >
> > > Additional info: Connecting a USB drive has the same effect, Sync Center
> > > crashes.
> > >
> > > Ross

Ross R

RE: Microsoft Sync Center has stopped working
appreciate all the help...

Looked at all the Microsoft services and none are Sync related...

"ilovemyprobe" wrote:

> try this, clicky clicky:
>
> http://ph.answers.yahoo.com/question...0224732AAVr2vR
>
> cheers
>

> "Ross R" wrote:
>
> > There's no iPhone icon in Sync center, I disabled Offline files and Sync
> > Center is still running and crashing... Can't find it as a service to
> > disable either

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Microsoft Sync Center has stopped working

Any particular reason you're not using Service Pack 1, which has an updated
Sync Center?

Have you tried the Check for Solutions option in the Problem Reports and
Solutions Center control panel?

--
Speaking for myself only.
"Ross R" <Ross R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Every time I plug in my iPhone, Sync Center crashes. It sometime crashes
> with no help of the phone but it will crash every time I plug the phone
> in.
>
> Here's the message from the Event Viewer:
> Log Name: Application
> Source: Application Error
> Date: 7/17/2008 9:06:07 AM
> Event ID: 1000
> Task Category: (100)
> Level: Error
> Faulting application mobsync.exe, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp
> 0x4549b06a, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp
> 0x00000000,
> exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00520045, process id 0x1620,
> application start time 0x01c8e80ddff54070.
>
> Ideas? Do I really need Sync Center? I thought it was for Win Mobile
> devices.
>
> Thanks.
> Ross

Ross R

Re: Microsoft Sync Center has stopped working
Actually, thought the install DVD was SP1, wasn't... same error after
upgrading, different version...

Faulting application mobsync.exe, version 6.0.6001.18000, time stamp
0x47918e41, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x00000000,
exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00520045, process id 0x1fd4,
application start time 0x01c8e8eb752735ca.

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> Any particular reason you're not using Service Pack 1, which has an updated
> Sync Center?
>
> Have you tried the Check for Solutions option in the Problem Reports and
> Solutions Center control panel?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> "Ross R" <Ross R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Every time I plug in my iPhone, Sync Center crashes. It sometime crashes
> > with no help of the phone but it will crash every time I plug the phone
> > in.
> >
> > Here's the message from the Event Viewer:
> > Log Name: Application
> > Source: Application Error
> > Date: 7/17/2008 9:06:07 AM
> > Event ID: 1000
> > Task Category: (100)
> > Level: Error
> > Faulting application mobsync.exe, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp
> > 0x4549b06a, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp
> > 0x00000000,
> > exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00520045, process id 0x1620,
> > application start time 0x01c8e80ddff54070.
> >
> > Ideas? Do I really need Sync Center? I thought it was for Win Mobile
> > devices.
> >
> > Thanks.
> > Ross

Ross R

Re: Microsoft Sync Center has stopped working
Just tried the Check for Solutions... no update... Thanks.