Disable User Account Control just for admin profile? Vista Home Premium

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Tuttle

Disable User Account Control just for admin profile? Vista Home Premium
Hello all:

In Vista Home Premium, I want to disable User Account Control just for the
admininstrator profile. I want User Account Control to remain enabled for
all other user profiles. How can I do this?

I have tried several methods that Google found, but always when I disable
UAC for admininstrator, it is then disabled for other users. How can I
disable it just for the admininstrator?

solon fox

Re: Disable User Account Control just for admin profile? Vista HomePremium
On Jun 9, 3:14*pm, "Tuttle" <nospamh...@notarealaddressnospam.gs>
wrote:
> Hello all:
>
> In Vista Home Premium, I want to disable User Account Control just for the
> admininstrator profile. I want User Account Control to remain enabled for
> all other user profiles. How can I do this?
>
> I have tried several methods that Google found, but always when I disable
> UAC for admininstrator, it is then disabled for other users. How can I
> disable it just for the admininstrator?

I don't think you can disable it for just one account. Maybe TweakUAC
(http://www.tweak-uac.com/what-is-tweak-uac/) is right for you?

Or, you could create two shortcuts one to disable UAC:

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k %windir%\System32\reg.exe ADD HKLM
\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policie s\System /v
EnableLUA /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

And, one to enable UAC:

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k %windir%\System32\reg.exe ADD HKLM
\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policie s\System /v
EnableLUA /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

If you really wanted to get fancy, then you could add a script to
disable it for your login and disable it for everyone else. Maybe you
could even entice someone to write it for you. ;-)

But, then again maybe TweakUAC is best for your needs.

-solon fox
Brink

Tuttle;741945 Wrote:
> Hello all:
>
> In Vista Home Premium, I want to disable User Account Control just for
> the
> admininstrator profile. I want User Account Control to remain enabled
> for
> all other user profiles. How can I do this?
>
> I have tried several methods that Google found, but always when I
> disable
> UAC for admininstrator, it is then disabled for other users. How can I
> disable it just for the admininstrator?

Hi Tuttle,

This tutorial will show you how to elevate the administrator accounts
so they are not bothered by UAC anymore.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/80...ege-level.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*

On Jun 9, 4:57*pm, Brink <gu...@unknown-email.com> wrote:
> Tuttle;741945 Wrote:
>
> > Hello all:

> > In Vista Home Premium, I want to disable User Account Control just for
> > the
> > admininstrator profile. I want User Account Control to remain enabled
> > for
> > all other user profiles. How can I do this?

> > I have tried several methods that Google found, but always when I
> > disable
> > UAC for admininstrator, it is then disabled for other users. How can I
> > disable it just for the admininstrator?

> Hi Tuttle,
>
> This tutorial will show you how to elevate the administrator accounts
> so they are not bothered by UAC anymore.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/80...ntrol-uac-elev...
>
> Hope this helps,
> Shawn
>
> --
> Brink
>
> *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask
> them.*
> '*VISTA FORUMS*' (http://www.vistax64.com)
> *Please post feedback to help others.*

Sweet! I love it when someone tells me something I didn't know.

Thanks Brink.

-solon fox
Brink

solon fox;742050 Wrote:

> > > can I
> > >
> > > Hi Tuttle,
> > >
> > > This tutorial will show you how to elevate the administrator

> > accounts
> > > so they are not bothered by UAC anymore.
> > >

> > http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/80...ntrol-uac-elev...
> > >
> > > Hope this helps,
> > > Shawn
> > >
> > > --
> > > Brink
> > >
> > > *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask
> > > them.*
> > > '*VISTA FORUMS*' (http://www.vistax64.com)
> > > *Please post feedback to help others.* > >

> Sweet! I love it when someone tells me something I didn't know.
>
> Thanks Brink.
>
> -solon fox

Your welcome Solon Fox. Nice shortcut you posted to.

Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Tuttle

Re: Disable User Account Control just for admin profile? Vista Home Premium
solon fox:

Thank you for those shortcuts. That is a really useful technique!
I don't know how I would write a script to disable it for my login and
enable it for everyone else, but that sounds like a cool idea.

Brink:

Thanks for offering another approach. I also read one of the other tutorials
on your site. I didn't know that there was a difference between the
initially-created Administer account and the "real built-in Administrator
account". Good grief. I set myself up as administrator, using the initial
account, so I could configure this laptop for a friend who will login as a
Standard user. I thought that Administrator meant "Administrator", but
apparently not.

Brink

Tuttle;742733 Wrote:
> solon fox:
>
> Thank you for those shortcuts. That is a really useful technique!
> I don't know how I would write a script to disable it for my login and
> enable it for everyone else, but that sounds like a cool idea.
>

> Brink:
>
> Thanks for offering another approach. I also read one of the other
> tutorials
> on your site. I didn't know that there was a difference between the
> initially-created Administer account and the "real built-in
> Administrator
> account". Good grief. I set myself up as administrator, using the
> initial
> account, so I could configure this laptop for a friend who will login
> as a
> Standard user. I thought that Administrator meant "Administrator", but
> apparently not.

Your welcome Tuttle.

"solon fox" wrote:
I don't think you can disable it for just one account. Maybe TweakUAC
(http://www.tweak-uac.com/what-is-tweak-uac/) is right for you?

I am now using TweakUAC. It's very good, even better than disabling UAC
entirely: it allows UAC to run in "quiet mode" so that the PC is still
protected but elevations warnings/prompts are suppressed for administrators.

Thanks for that, it was a perfect suggestion!