Lost the Language Bar in the Toolbar

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

grkgrl224

Lost the Language Bar in the Toolbar
I have multiple languages installed (two to be exact) and by right-clicking
on the taskbar and going to Toolbars I unselected the Language Bar option.
When I went back to select the Language Bar option again it was gone. I tried
uninstalling and reinstalling the languages but it did not help. Does anyone
have any suggestions on what to do?
Thank you.
Mark L. Ferguson

Re: Lost the Language Bar in the Toolbar
Control Panel, Regional and Language Options, click 'change keyboards'
button, click 'Language Bar' tab, pick options.

--
click the Ratings button. Voting helps the web interface.
http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales...help_en-us.htm see ''rate a post''

"grkgrl224" <grkgrl224@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have multiple languages installed (two to be exact) and by
> right-clicking
> on the taskbar and going to Toolbars I unselected the Language Bar option.
> When I went back to select the Language Bar option again it was gone. I
> tried
> uninstalling and reinstalling the languages but it did not help. Does
> anyone
> have any suggestions on what to do?
> Thank you.

grkgrl224

Re: Lost the Language Bar in the Toolbar
From these options I have selected to dock the taskbar and to show additional
language bar icons and text labels on the language bar but it still does not
appear. Thank you very much though.

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> Control Panel, Regional and Language Options, click 'change keyboards'
> button, click 'Language Bar' tab, pick options.
>
> --
> click the Ratings button. Voting helps the web interface.
> http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales...help_en-us.htm see ''rate a post''
> Mark L. Ferguson
>
> "grkgrl224" <grkgrl224@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have multiple languages installed (two to be exact) and by
> > right-clicking
> > on the taskbar and going to Toolbars I unselected the Language Bar option.
> > When I went back to select the Language Bar option again it was gone. I
> > tried
> > uninstalling and reinstalling the languages but it did not help. Does
> > anyone
> > have any suggestions on what to do?
> > Thank you.

HOODY is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
lost language toolbar
OK I went through this myself today, for some reason I just noticed my language tool bar was also missing where I had it docked. First I thought it was due to the program I had recently installed, so after going through the usual steps to add a language and all that usual stuff, I still couldn't manage to recover the tool bar, even though I could see my other language was still there.

OK so I also noticed ALL my usual scheduled tasks were also missing, and the scheduled tasks list was empty, that was also weird.

Anyway I think this all came about after the usual MS updates.

So here's the bottom line how I managed to recover my tool bar and all my tasks.

re boot the machine in SAFE mode, when the screen shows you your options, scroll down to where you see the option to use the LAST GOOD BOOT UP.
select that option and let the computer boot using the last good boot setting it has in stored.

After it reboots your language tool bar should be back as usual. Mine was.

Now if you have a good image backup program, make a new backup.

Hope this gets it done for anybody else with this weird problem.
HOODY