computer blocking anything with no digital signature

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

PaddyW

computer blocking anything with no digital signature
Hi, I have windows vista home premium on my new laptop which i only got 2
days ago. It flat out refuses to let me install anything without a digital
signature, doesn't even give me an option to allow or block the application.
Stuff such as itunes are things that I'm trying to install and it won't allow
me. I even tried to install a kodak easy share direct from a cd and it won't
allow me to. How can I get around this. Thanks for your help.
--
Paddy
Mark L. Ferguson

Re: computer blocking anything with no digital signature
Windows cannot install this driver
A driver that lacks a valid digital signature, or that was altered after it
was signed, can't be installed on x64-based versions of Windows. As a
result, you will only see this message if you are running an x64-based
version of Windows.

If you see any of these messages when attempting to install a driver, you
should visit your device manufacturer's support website to obtain a
digitally signed driver for your device.

--
click the Ratings button. Voting helps the web interface.
http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales...help_en-us.htm see ''rate a post''

"PaddyW" <PaddyW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I have windows vista home premium on my new laptop which i only got 2
> days ago. It flat out refuses to let me install anything without a digital
> signature, doesn't even give me an option to allow or block the
> application.
> Stuff such as itunes are things that I'm trying to install and it won't
> allow
> me. I even tried to install a kodak easy share direct from a cd and it
> won't
> allow me to. How can I get around this. Thanks for your help.
> --
> Paddy

PaddyW

Re: computer blocking anything with no digital signature
Hi Mark, thanks for the reply. Further to below, when you say x64 do you mean
64 bit operating system, as I've checked and found that the operating system
is a 32bit, so don't know if this will make a difference. Have also had
further problems when trying to install winzip, keep getting bad crc error
messages, which I believe relate to a bad checksum. Is there any way around
this?
--
Paddy

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> Windows cannot install this driver
> A driver that lacks a valid digital signature, or that was altered after it
> was signed, can't be installed on x64-based versions of Windows. As a
> result, you will only see this message if you are running an x64-based
> version of Windows.
>
> If you see any of these messages when attempting to install a driver, you
> should visit your device manufacturer's support website to obtain a
> digitally signed driver for your device.
>

> --
> click the Ratings button. Voting helps the web interface.
> http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales...help_en-us.htm see ''rate a post''
> Mark L. Ferguson
>
> "PaddyW" <PaddyW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, I have windows vista home premium on my new laptop which i only got 2
> > days ago. It flat out refuses to let me install anything without a digital
> > signature, doesn't even give me an option to allow or block the
> > application.
> > Stuff such as itunes are things that I'm trying to install and it won't
> > allow
> > me. I even tried to install a kodak easy share direct from a cd and it
> > won't
> > allow me to. How can I get around this. Thanks for your help.
> > --
> > Paddy

Mark L. Ferguson

Re: computer blocking anything with no digital signature
click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, right-click regedit.exe,
and then click Run as administrator.
2. Locate, and then click the following key in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Non-Driver Signing
3. Right-click the Policy binary value, and then click Modify.
4. The Value data will appear in the following format:

0000 02

Press DELETE to remove the current value (02 in this example), and then type
0 (the current value will now appear as 00).
5. Click OK, and then quit Registry Editor.