HP multimedia keyboard

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

=?Utf-8?B?RG9uYWxkbw==?=

HP multimedia keyboard
my computer came with a multimedia keyboard, yesterday I did update the
driver for windows vista, but now I have to wait about 5 minutes to use the
buttons for the media controls and volume, the internet, email and search.
I checked my msconfig and there is this line: Key HKLM: Run Program: KBD
File: C:\HP\KBD\Kbd.Stub.exe
Any help will be appreciated.
--
Don
ouija

Re: HP multimedia keyboard

I'm having the exact same problem now with My HP Keyboard and Vista x64.

Used to work flawlessly until I configured the shortcut keys under the
buttons/keyboard settings in the control panel, and now they won't work
until 5 min or so after booting vista, and the volume buttons on the
keyboard don't work anymore (they increase/decrease by one level/bar but
actually do nothing)

This is very annoying as my computer is less than a week old.

Stupid MS Vista and Stupid HP and Stupid me for dealing with both.

--
ouija

AlexB

Re: HP multimedia keyboard
Why don't you call HP or have a live concierge talk. It has nothing to do
with Vista. Proprietary keyboards are weird. I once bought Logitech and
threw it out after a month. Since then I never buy anything Logitech. It was
so unbelievably weird, I thought sick people designed it.

newsuija.34he42@no-mx.forums.net...